Norwich V Newcastle / Saturday / 3PM / Carrow Road

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shepherd was an entirely different kettle of fish. The comparison is idiotic tbh. This bloke is presiding over his second relegation, and if we somehow avoid it, it'll be yet another relegation battle that he's presided over. All the while turning the club into an advertising hoarding for his shitty sports shops.

O

Shepherd was incompetent, but he wanted success for the club. This bloke just wants free advertising, Premiership survival and a quiet life from the fans. The attenders are complicit in that quiet life.

We'll if that's all he wants what difference does fans attending or not do?

I get the hatred for Ashley and in fact share it. I agree he's obviously no fan of the club and Shepherd was. But I think you're naive if you think Shepherd's sole motive was the health of the club and not his pocket, so I don't accept the difference is as big as you make out....

But to insist football fans from this city and surrounding areas should boycott the club, or even a whole generation of kids should miss watching live football, when in all likelihood it will make fuck all difference, is moronic imo. It's not the fans fault ffs.

We'll come straight back up, there's plenty players in the squad that look hopeless in the Prem and wont attract buyers but will do well in the Championship. We also have youth like Armstrong, Aarons, and Bigirimana who will also do well (Armstrong in particular imo).

We'll have competition from Villa and most likely Sunderland though, the latter having good pedigree in the second tier and the former a big club. Could be interesting.

I can and I do. By turning up despite everything, they send two messages. One that Newcastle fans are mindless morons, and the other that what Ashley is doing is ok.

The first of those has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt at this stage.

So we just stop turning up to see our team play?

Of all the many,many oh so many years of watching Newcastle play I don't think our fans apart from the first years of sjh have ever liked the regime

I don't agree with the regime but not turning up isn't a possibility for me not when I've stuck by the club for so many years

I thought he had one more? I thought I'd read he had 18 months left in January, could have been another player mind.

I'm assuming the post by Essembee was aimed at me? If so the players we have in the current squad that look hopeless now but will do well down there are ones like Taylor, Lascelles, Dummett, Colback, Townsend, Riviere (possibly, haven't seen enough of him to be fair), possibly Obertan and Gouffran, I'm not saying it'll be riveting stuff but I'm confident we'll come back up it's a shite league.

Taylor will be good Champioship player.Lascelles was good enough for mid table Forest.Dummett will be average in the Championship.Colback average at best.I don't think Townsend will start next season in a black and white shirt .Riviere is shite and would be shite in the Championship.Obertan and Gouffran would show even less interest in playing for us in the Championship.if we are left with the 8 you mention,plus the sort of signings we both expect us to sign,we won't be anywhere near the top 6 next season.

Of all the many,many oh so many years of watching Newcastle play I don't think our fans apart from the first years of sjh have ever liked the regime

I don't agree with the regime but not turning up isn't a possibility for me not when I've stuck by the club for so many years

I think Gemmill views match-going fans as people who approve of the regime by attending. (correct me if I'm wrong Gemmill)

I don't blame Ashley for this season. He let the "board" appoint a coach who should have been good enough and gave them lots of money to spend.

Shit player recruitment for me.

He's responsible for the board though. He's the man at the top, this is all his doing.

He's responsible for the board though. He's the man at the top, this is all his doing.

I accept the overall buck stops stuff, but this year, a "decent enough" coach and all that money should have been enough to have us nowhere near the drop. Plenty of teams not going down who have average coaches and less money.

I think Gemmill views match-going fans as people who approve of the regime by attending. (correct me if I'm wrong Gemmill)

Or at least appease the regime. Simply not true. As Gpirlo pointed out, for the large majority of the time since the 70s the average match goer has had no time for the board or owner.

I accept the overall buck stops stuff, but this year, a "decent enough" coach and all that money should have been enough to have us nowhere near the drop. Plenty of teams not going down who have average coaches and less money.

Agree to an extent, McClaren was much worse than I thought he would be and a fair amount of cash was thrown at the problem. But trusting Charnley to sort things out when they were clearly going wrong was idiotic. It's incompetent. Ashley won't be the first business man to fuck up because of surrounding himself with yes men.

Spot on. It's a sad reality but since Keegan came the first time our support became polluted by completely clueless wankers who wouldn't have been once in the eighties. It's our club in our city and we'll never stop loving the club, even with that fat bastard. You never heard anything but a geordie accent in the 80s. Never.

Edited by McFaul

Taylor will be good Champioship player.Lascelles was good enough for mid table Forest.Dummett will be average in the Championship.Colback average at best.I don't think Townsend will start next season in a black and white shirt .Riviere is shite and would be shite in the Championship.Obertan and Gouffran would show even less interest in playing for us in the Championship.if we are left with the 8 you mention,plus the sort of signings we both expect us to sign,we won't be anywhere near the top 6 next season.

Colback will look good down there, he's a slightly below average Premier League player but down there he'll be canny. Dummett will be solid down there as he's okay defensively in the Prem. I think Townsend will stay purely because of his price tag, we paid 12m for him so I can't see Ashley letting him go for much below that and I can't see other teams paying it (likewise with Shelvey). I think Obertan will be good down there, maybe I was giving too much credit to Gouffran though. You could be right on Riviere but we'll have to wait and see with him as he'll be playing a lot of upper League one / lower championship defenders so he might do okay (not that I think he'll play much if we hold onto Mitro and play Armstrong).

I expect we will sign some top Championship players similar to what we did last time, to pad the squad out, again I don't think it'll be pretty but I'm fairly confident that we'll get promoted.

To Renton's point about Villa and the Mackems, I think Villa are a bit of a mess so it depends on their next move, if they appoint Pearson (or Moyes as Tooj mentioned) they will probably be a threat. Sunderland will lose Defoe and therefore any semblance of goal threat (aside from Borini if he stays although he's inconsistent), I also think there's a good chance Fat Sam will walk out just before they're mathematically relegated so he can still make his point that he has never been relegated. I think we'll be play-off spots at worst but we'll come top 2 imo, which is what I felt last time.

Spot on. It's a sad reality but since Keegan came the first time our support became polluted by completely clueless wankers who wouldn't have been once in the eighties. It's our club in our city and we'll never stop loving the club, even with that fat bastard. You never heard anything but a geordie accent in the 80s. Never.

So why did you vow never to return while Mike Ashley is in charge?

So why did you vow never to return while Mike Ashley is in charge?

It was partly the horrific end to 13/14 and it was partly the fact my brain ended up all over the place because of my tumor and I obviously genuinely wasn't well. I haven't got the season ticket back yet though.

I don't blame Ashley for this season. He let the "board" appoint a coach who should have been good enough and gave them lots of money to spend.

Who hired the board?...

Absolutely shit player recruitment, you're right there, but the blame doesn't lie squarely with the board because they were following Ashley's blue print yet again of signing players with promise and resale potential instead of targeting players the squad actually needed. That is Ashley's failure. You'd have thought the cunt would have learnt after it went to the last day last season.

But what did we get when we were crying out for defenders and a goal scorer? Mbemba, who has been ok at times, but was yet another gamble on a player untested in this league, and Mitrovic, who I think has loads of potential, but is still young and raw and should have been eased into the English game instead of being expected to lead the line all season. Not spending the extra few million on a proven premier league goal scorer like Charlie Austin in Januray combined with a failure to spend money on a couple of experienced premier league defenders is what is sending us down.

It was obvious that we were crying out for goal scorers and defenders in January. What do we get? Big investment in midfielders.

Agree to an extent, McClaren was much worse than I thought he would be and a fair amount of cash was thrown at the problem. But trusting Charnley to sort things out when they were clearly going wrong was idiotic. It's incompetent. Ashley won't be the first business man to fuck up because of surrounding himself with yes men.

McLaren at the time wasn't a horrific appointment, neither were the "promising" back room staff that came as well. That and the money should have made at the least for a safe, if not inspiring season.

100% for me it's been the recruitment that's fucked us over. It's plain to see every game (and that's not even including the likes of Cabella or Thauvin.

It's the job of Chatty Man's fatha to pick out players who can do the business in the Prem and he's failed miserably.If Charnley is the man who gives them the once over to see if they are good enough then he's also failed miserably.If Bob the yes man has had any input into signings then he also has failed miserably.In other words the people involved in bringing in new players are basically next to fuckin useless.We have defenders who cannot and refuse to defend.We have midfield players who cannot make chances and don't give 100%.Our forwards are not up to Premier League standard.We have a number of shirkers on the injury list.We have a number of shirkers who when picked don't give a fuck that 50,000 fans are watching them not giving a fuck.The club are a shambles from top to bottom with only a few exceptions