Norwich V Newcastle / Saturday / 3PM / Carrow Road

Anorthernsoul

I'm not suggesting it would definitely work. For one thing I think gates will remain quite high. I do think it would have an impact though were it to happen outside the PL. I don't understand why you don't think it would matter to the owner. It was never really tested last time as we came straight back up with good crowds. I also think Ashley is far more sensitive to criticism and negative press than how he is often portrayed. On top of that you have Sports Direct shares doing badly which also means any financial loss has more impact on him (I would imagine).

As for potential buyers, any worth their salt would realise the potential of the place but if anything has put them off it's been the sale price.

we'll continue to get 40k+ crowds next season, that's for sure.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we'll continue to get 40k+ crowds next season, that's for sure.

Aye, but I'd not be surprised if they dwindle if we don't stroll to the title as we did last time. (We'd clinched automatic this stage of that season hadn't we?).

I divvint think he's wrong. There's no derogatory word that does justice for what a cunt he is, but at the end of the day we've spent £82m this season and for once I won't blame him for this shit season neither.

People that hate Ashley for his lack of investment in the first 3 years (when he bought us for £130m+ pumped in £110m of debt recovery and then another £30m to cover costs) but won't blame him on investment the past year when he's not put a penny in are something of a contradiction.

Having said that, there are some lads on here who still go week in, week out,whilst still being utterly against the present regime-Happy Face springs to mind.

I cancelled both mine and my nephews STs after last season.

Been to half a dozen games this season.

I've been a ST holder since 06-07, so I've only seen one Ashley-less season, and I don't even remember much about it apart from getting beat off Sheffield United at home.

Danny webber scored the winner iirc, I think we dropped down to 19th that day in December

I remember everyone waited outside sjp with the 'Shephard out' chants, I don't even think Fat Fred was at the game

Was it not in November? Anyway, I thought it was all at Roeder at the time tbh. Didn't really understand what was going on with all of the Shepherd craic then, given how I was going to just turn 6 a month after.

Never, ever understood the need to declare 'I'm a season ticket holder' as if it's a badge of pride or makes you a better fan. The only people who could afford season tickets sat in the west stand or east stand and were the classic tartan blanket/get your flasks out types. You couldn't get a season ticket in the gallowgate till the promotion season as they didn't exist before then. Personally think the ST culture fucking ruined English football in general and Newcastle United in particular.

Never, ever understood the need to declare 'I'm a season ticket holder' as if it's a badge of pride or makes you a better fan. The only people who could afford season tickets sat in the west stand or east stand and were the classic tartan blanket/get your flasks out types. You couldn't get a season ticket in the gallowgate till the promotion season as they didn't exist before then. Personally think the ST culture fucking ruined English football in general and Newcastle United in particular.

ST culture has ruined English football. :lol:

Fucking hell man, a lot has changed in English football since the 80s, some, but by absolutely no means all bad, but to single out STs? Bizarre.

ST culture has ruined English football. :lol:

Fucking hell man, a lot has changed in English football since the 80s, some, but by absolutely no means all bad, but to single out STs? Bizarre.

I understand his point, get people locked in to ST deals with false promises and you're guaranteed a gate. Without STs they might have to actually deliver a product week in week out to get people going.

I understand his point, get people locked in to ST deals with false promises and you're guaranteed a gate. Without STs they might have to actually deliver a product week in week out to get people going.

Except as has been said before, gate money is fairly irrelevant nowadays, at least in the top flight. As HF has pointed out many times, Ashley doesn't seem to give a shit about match day revenue.

Strikes me it's a bit like having a go at someone for having a bus pass instead of buying single bus tickets. I suspect HMHM is having a go at the sterilisation of the grounds though, rather than STs per se. Nostalgia maybe.

Russian commentary like but managed to find highlights of it. My word. Current side isn't better mind.

Long balls to Giuseppe Rossi man.

Was that the game Scott Parker pulled out of a tackle as well and had a pop at the fans?