Yes Gemmill...

catmag

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

A mate of mine is a photographer and a big man utd fan. He does a lot of work for them and met him a few times. He said he always had time for children and the like. 

So not only has he been accused of being a cunt, now he's a nonce too? Honestly man, this board. 

• Haha 6

I met Jackie when worked the hospitality at SJP as a teenager. He was hosting a night with Jeff Stelling in the Bamburgh suite for an England match.

He clearly had asked for free drinks in his contract, he was sauced before he got on the stage. Seemed a canny bloke though. No idea about Bobby mind, seemed a bit of a bellend but I never met the bloke tbf, but I'll defer to others who've said he liked pictures of kids. Dirty bastard. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

This touches on it. Bobby always seemed a bit cold, unemotional, disconnected, compared with his brother. But the fact he was probably suffering from PTSD and survivor guilt, he was naturally just shy, and his wife fell out with his mother (who reading between the lines does not sound all that nice) proabbly accounts for this. He clearly found happiness ay Man United, fair enough, tbh I would be wanting to forget I was from Ashington too. Who the fuck is anyone to judge? 

Interestingly I always though Milburn was their cousin, reading this I think he was their second cousin.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/22/bobby-and-jack-charlton-the-brothers-who-won-together-but-lived-apart?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Yeah that’s a good piece. I think Newcastle folk hate that neither brother played for Newcastle and bare a grudge. Jack now gets a pass because he retired back to Ashington but when he was Ireland manager he was widely described as a traitor.

Everything else that’s thrown at BC is irrelevant shite to this central point. I’ve read his books and he describes the scene where Jackie Milburn is sat at the kitchen table having been sent from the club and was basically telling him not to bother as the club was a fuckin basket case. BC four uncles all played professionally, he’d spend a few summers doing pre season with Bradford City where one of them played. Bobby had three brothers too and they were the most popular kids in the street because when the uncles visited they’d often bring an old  casey with them so the Charltons were invariably the only kids on the street with a football. 

The wife/mother fall out was obviously unpleasant but no one’s business but the falmily’s . Anyone going in strong on BC is wandering down “mackem behaviour lane”… look at that thread, it’s full of people offended by the irrelevant actions of others. Stop it. Now. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fucking hell man, the SMB. :lol:

image.thumb.png.25935437a5f0cb92aaf89429a193dd2d.png

Him and Jack would go to Roker or SJP if there was a decent game on. Jack is a self confessed Mag, his brother was too focused on a career in the game to profess love for any individual club. So they can all fuck off :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

I remember going to a home game with my dad years ago when we were doing well under Robson. Anyway my dad drove into town and Jackie Charlton was being interviewed on (I think) 5Live before the game and he was on about how pleased he was Newcastle were doing well and how he was a boyhood fan. I wonder why he would make that up 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I remember going to a home game with my dad years ago when we were doing well under Robson. Anyway my dad drove into town and Jackie Charlton was being interviewed on (I think) 5Live before the game and he was on about how pleased he was Newcastle were doing well and how he was a boyhood fan. I wonder why he would make that up 🤔

*Years ago under Robson when we were doing well*

20200709_121601__01.thumb.jpg.0e65913818cc3cc743384e2674bb11e6.jpg

"Get on to our man at R5live and get him to interview Jack Charlton live on air. Ring Jack and tell him about it in advance, make sure he knows it's imperative he bigs up how pleased he is about NUFC doing well as he supported them as a child. Tell him there's a drink or two in it for him."

• Haha 6

59 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Bishen Bedi turbinated, magician in his time, RIP

Bit of a tangent, but since we’re making terrible Sikh jokes*, I had a Sikh punter today and I was biting my tongue whilst dropping off his delivery. 

Poor fucker was called Manmeet… 

* not a joke btw, this poor lad was my last drop today. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Bit of a tangent, but since we’re making terrible Sikh jokes*, I had a Sikh punter today and I was biting my tongue whilst dropping off his delivery. 

So you take manmeet's package late in the day? Explains why you stand to have a shite I suppose.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

So you take manmeet's package late in the day? Explains why you stand to have a shite I suppose.

He was rather impatient for me to drop my load, but in my defence it was the 14th of the day. 

Wrists are throbbing like a certain Yorkshire wife. 

• Haha 5

On 23/10/2023 at 18:54, Monkeys Fist said:

Asif

• Haha 6