Yes Gemmill...

catmag

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m going to go out in a limb here and say it was probably self-inflicted. 

She and her health were off the rails for a fee years. Tragic but not surprising. 

9 hours ago, sammynb said:

Sadly everyting points to her taking her own life, possibly over self medicating to dull the anguish she was obviously in.

Amazing voice and that angelic face but poor Sinead has been carrying quite a few demons throughout her life, not including all the guilt her religion bestowed upon her.

RIP Ms O'Connor, get Prince to write you another banger but asking him to make it an upbeat dance number this time, for all our sakes.

When I was at Uni many many years ago I lived with a vetinary student from Norway who was probaly the most morose, sullen person I had ever known, an original goth. Perhaps that's where I got it from. Anyway, I don't know what happened in her life, but she loudly played Nothing Compares to U on a loop at least 10 times a day for the year I lived there. Just struck me, I don't think I ever really got tired of listening to that song, which is quite amazing. 

• Like 2

1992 doesn’t seem that long ago to me so it’s hard to believe that Sinead O’Connor got absolute pelters for protesting child abuse and one week later Joe Pesci gets a standing ovation for advocating the assault of a young woman.

• Like 3

Set the standard pretty consistently for years for talk shows- his interviews with Billy Connolly and Ali were stand-outs, and Meg Ryan for the opposite reasons :lol:

They’ve started a GoFundMe to build a statue in his hometown. 

Raised £2:50 so far, which is fantastic for t’Yorkshire.  

• Haha 7

Professional Yorkshireman to an extent that Wykiki couldn’t hold a light to. The ferret fancier’s ferret fancier. Check out him, Connolly and trade union activist Jimmy Reid all sat there on his couch on some random Saturday night in the 70s, all three of the fuckers flirting heavily with Hollywood legend Lauren Bacall and all four of them fuckin loving it :D 

• Haha 4

On 17/08/2023 at 12:34, Monkeys Fist said:

Set the standard pretty consistently for years for talk shows- his interviews with Billy Connolly and Ali were stand-outs, and Meg Ryan for the opposite reasons :lol:

They’ve started a GoFundMe to build a statue in his hometown. 

Raised £2:50 so far, which is fantastic for t’Yorkshire.  

IMG_2592.jpeg

• Haha 5

Like HMHM with Dickie Bird, I thought he was already dead. I wonder if we’ll get Diana paying her respects via a medium in the Daily Express. Or does she only comment on Brexit these days? 

• Haha 3