7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Barnes had to be dropped after the first two games because he'd been  fuckin useless...tbf, fatigue was blamed and am sure that was a factor. Hodge & Beardsley ripped Poland & Paraguay a new one so he'd deserved to keep his place. 

i take it back - your memory is clearly fading. in fact barnes didn't play in the opening two games. the appearance off the bench was his first of the tournament.

old cunt 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was Chuck Berry

Sucked his cock too.

Ferry cross the Hearse-y, more like

Posted Images

Peter Alliss, ex pro golfer/commentator has croaked it aged 89, the fuckin gin soaked old cunt...well, that’s what my old man who had the apparent misfortune of being in his company on licensed premises more that once in the 70s called him anyway..

RIP Peter.....sometimes think Farage modelled his entire persona on this fucker :cuppa:

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Had one of those unfortunate pube hairstyles.

Good thing you lot weren't involved in his eulogy.

*To be fair the Wanless news presenter pun was a good un.

Doug Scott- 79. 
The first Englishman to stand on the summit of Everest, and an absolute legend in the climbing world. 
The story of his descent of the Ogre after snapping both legs at the shin is gut wrenching, and well worth reading. 
Decent obit here which mentions his work in later life in Nepal. 

RIP

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Doug Scott- 79. 
The first Englishman to stand on the summit of Everest, and an absolute legend in the climbing world. 
The story of his descent of the Ogre after snapping both legs at the shin is gut wrenching, and well worth reading. 
Decent obit here which mentions his work in later life in Nepal. 

RIP

I saw a documentary about that climb of the Ogre. Absolutely crackers. RIP 

RIP. That was my first World Cup (that I can remember anyway). Everyone (including me) has fond memories of Brazil and the French in that World Cup but that Italy team played some great stuff as the tournament progressed. No age at all either. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3