New Phone

wykikitoon

Aye, apple have always done it first, stripping out floppy drives then CD drives and old monitor connections turning everything USB, but that's not proprietary. Always to much opposition anyway. Maybe this will have positive implications on audio quality across all devices, both wired and wireless.

Doesn't convince me the DRM fear mongerers are wrong about ulterior motives though. We'll see I suppose.

They spent a lot of money for Beats. It may well be connected to that in some way. It's absolutely nothing to do with DRM.

"We call it the Apple Splitter. It's so advanced, you can use two cables simultaneously; you can charge your phone AND listen to your favorite music. And we think you are going to love it."

giphy.gif

"APPUHHHHHSPLITTUHHHHHH"

Chez and ewerk.

Don't know about this DRM malarkey but isn't it simpler than that? Isn't this just a typical example of Apple changing a standard connection to a proprietary one so people will be forced into using Apple headphones or Apple licensed headphones, unless you want to use a shitty adapter or Bluetooth?

It surprises me that people are happy to be tied into this very closed ecosystem when there is a perfectly good open alternative with so much more choice available. As I've said before, since Jobs died there is no innovation in Apple, and now they're clearly behind the curve technologically. Still using shit screens too I see. Honestly don't see the appeal.

Don't know about this DRM malarkey but isn't it simpler than that? Isn't this just a typical example of Apple changing a standard connection to a proprietary one so people will be forced into using Apple headphones or Apple licensed headphones, unless you want to use a shitty adapter or Bluetooth?

It surprises me that people are happy to be tied into this very closed ecosystem when there is a perfectly good open alternative with so much more choice available. As I've said before, since Jobs died there is no innovation in Apple, and now they're clearly behind the curve technologically. Still using shit screens too I see. Honestly don't see the appeal.

How dare you suggest that there might be some underhanded motive behind all of this. It's all in the name of technological advancement.

I still have my 13 year old 3rd generation Ipod.  It's on it's 3rd battery and is starting to struggle to hold a charge.  It's a right twat on that I can't use any other charger except the original "Firewire". So can't USB to it and charge via my laptop while managing the music library in Itunes.

Apple not only fence around their ecosystem to limit choice, they then abandon their "innovations" to leave their customers out of pocket with a useless device.

Yeah and I can no longer find a charging cable for my Rio PMP300 but then again it's also fucking ancient.

Can't you just use a firewire to USB adapter?

[emoji38] Terrible taste in technology is not a new thing then.

This was my first MP3.

Bought from the Apple shop in San Francisco, which makes me the coolest bloke itt. Third-Generation-iPod.jpg

Well done. Five years after I had mine. Well behind the curve.

Edited by ewerk

The state of those "airpods" [emoji38]

The only chance of everyone not losing them within two days will be to supply a pouch which attaches to either the phone or a nose ring of the owner.