The pre season thread

gpirlo68

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I was kidding - but they're nothing alike as players man

For instance Rob Lee was pacy and could head a ball & he was fairly nails (and could he FUCK hit a free kick) You couldn't say any of that about Cabaye, he's a softer player, he'd happily give a kick but he'd sharp turn soft as shite if he ever had to take one, he can't head a ball and he's not pacy.

'Can hit a ball = Great Passer = Scores Goals' - this isn't far off a Leninist syllogism for fucks sake., lets just talk football man. Like men would...and women would...in a pub...whilst you wait outside to give them a lift home.

Okay I was kidding - but they're nothing alike as players man

For instance Rob Lee was pacy and could head a ball & he was fairly nails (and could he FUCK hit a free kick) You couldn't say any of that about Cabaye, he's a softer player, he'd happily give a kick but he'd sharp turn soft as shite if he ever had to take one, he can't head a ball and he's not pacy.

'Can hit a ball = Great Passer = Scores Goals' - this isn't far off a Leninist syllogism for fucks sake., lets just talk football man. Like men would...and women would...in a pub...whilst you wait outside to give them a lift home.

I'd pick Rob Lee everyday of the week. He was massively underrated, especially at international level. He should have featured more for England during his career. As a midfielder he literally had everything, his goal tally was excellent aswell, scored some absolute belters at crucial times.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

I'd pick Rob Lee everyday of the week. He was massively underrated, especially at international level. He should have featured more for England during his career. As a midfielder he literally had everything, his goal tally was excellent aswell, scored some absolute belters at crucial times.

Class

Surprisingly few freekicks in there though like.

#nufc team today Sels; Janmaat, Hanley, Lascelles ©, Dummett; Hayden, Colback; Anita, Perez, Ritchie; Gayle

Mbemba twisted knee in training, should be OK for the Fulham game

Edited by gpirlo68

I know most of you were in primary school when Rob joined, but remember who else were in the team who could take free kicks.

Aye, trudging their way to school, fighting Freddie Shepherd all the way there and back.

Has everyone read 'The Far Corner' by Harry Pearson.

The ginger bloke he goes on about in the first chapter about Newcastle...., you need to read it and balance it against CT

#nufc team today Sels; Janmaat, Hanley, Lascelles ©, Dummett; Hayden, Colback; Anita, Perez, Ritchie; Gayle

24; 27, 24, 22 ©, 24; 21, 26; 27, 23, 26; 25

subs 25, 20, 31, 30, 24, 25, 23, 30, 20, 19, 21

Beni's bairns

I know most of you were in primary school when Rob joined, but remember who else were in the team who could take free kicks.

I wasn't, I trudged through the 80s and am fucked if I know why you'd mention who was taking free kicks in possibly the most free scoring, off the cuff and improvisational team in NUFC's post war history. But am sure you have your reasons, such as they are....

I wasn't, I trudged through the 80s and am fucked if I know why you'd mention who was taking free kicks in possibly the most free scoring, off the cuff and improvisational team in NUFC's post war history. But am sure you have your reasons, such as they are....

Because Tom mentioned Lee didn't take many. Keep up old man.

Shit crowd btw.

Because Tom mentioned Lee didn't take many. Keep up old man.

Shit crowd btw.

I know how this conversation came about my dear old thing, and that was you trying to show you know something about football and failing miserably as usual. Rob Lee's prowess at free kicks was irrelevent during virtually the entire time he was at the club and you trying to illustrate a spurious point by using a pretty much non existent part of his game only goes to prove it. Pip pip :)