The pre season thread

gpirlo68

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was shit tbf.

Like watching non league.

That said I am fairly pissed but pretty sure the above stands.

No Rib Lees today.

3-2 sounds like a decent game to me but which aspects of our play were poor?

Vitesse are probably about the best team we've played in friendlies so far tbh.

A win is good, especially against a half decent side. As I've said after every pre season game (the 6-0 win and 2-2 draw included) it means absolutely fuck all. Good the lads scored a few again today and Gayle got one.

Most friendly games are man, don't bother bringing Cabayes up ffs (no idea why you keep bringing it up) it was against Conference side Darlington and we only won 2-0, we beat a side 6-0 this pre-season and you had fuck all to say about it.

Have to say I'm pretty excited about the season getting underway. Feels like we have a bit of momentum about us now. Gayle looks promising, he's managed a couple in pre-season now. Maybe a little shaky at the back though.

Oh also the pitch invasion of that Darlington friendly had absolutely fuck all to do with any sort of amazing performance, it was to do with Sammy Ameobi scoring and the chant "if Sammy scores we're on the pitch".

Most friendly games are man, don't bother bringing Cabayes up ffs (no idea why you keep bringing it up) it was against Conference side Darlington and we only won 2-0, we beat a side 6-0 this pre-season and you had fuck all to say about it.

Cos it's the only other one I've been too ;)

Oh also the pitch invasion of that Darlington friendly had absolutely fuck all to do with any sort of amazing performance, it was to do with Sammy Ameobi scoring and the chant "if Sammy scores we're on the pitch".

Aye, but it was a cracking atmosphere from start to finish. Today was dead. If anyone who was there feels differently pipe up.

Pre season matches are always like attending a funeral though. Even goals are cheered half heartedly because none of it means anything.

What can I say, I've been to two. Darlington which was an absolute party fest and Saturdays which was like attending a wake.

It was shit tbf.

Like watching non league.

That said I am fairly pissed but pretty sure the above stands.

No Rib Lees today.

It fundamentally wasn't like watching non-league. It was a pre-season game and there were some real flashes of quality. I did a full run down for a mate while on the train back down to London if you want a fuller picture.

Atmosphere was poor, but given all 5 goals were scored in the Leazes, where there were about 100 lonely souls, I can kind of understand that. Loads of kids there which is good to see, guessing their tickets cheaper than the £15? Where were you sat CT?