Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

Nitro scores for Serbia to give them a draw against Wales. Came close with a back to the goal a bicycle kick.

Still has potential, played 90 minutes.

16 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Nitro scores for Serbia to give them a draw against Wales. Came close with a back to the goal a bicycle kick.

Still has potential, played 90 minutes.

He seems to get in the goalscoring positions for his country, he can't replicate for us. Does plenty of hard work, just never looks like scoring.

Have you watched him play? He's one of the most frustrating strikers we've had at the club. Some great balls into the box and our only striker is either outside the box or well behind play. He's like the polar opposite of Gayle. He never reads where the ball will end up.

I think that with a steady run of games in the starting line-up, service to suit his style, he could well prove to be a decent Premier league striker. Lack of playing time, brought on as a late substitute, is not the way to raise his game. Ant is right, there has to be consistency for him to improve.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

You're right he is the opposite of Gayle, he had 3 seasons in the premier league with palace and couldn't score more than Mitro did in his first in any of them... in all competitions

Ya know where Gayles been good? the championship, both times he's played in it he did well, and Gayles more experienced, he's 5yrs older, the Championship is his level.

Mitro is an international striker who finds the net when he gets a decent amount of game time i think,  and tbh he finds it reasonably well even when he's struggling for consistent playing time, he finds it when playing for his country, the kids got a temper problem but he's 22 and in a side that got relegated in a new country/league he got 9premier league goals.

I can't see him doing any worse tbh, and only doing better, which is more than i can say for most of our attack tbh

In fairness to Gayle, he did manage a goal every 182 minutes during his Palace stay according to Transfermarkt.

8 hours ago, Ant said:

You're right he is the opposite of Gayle, he had 3 seasons in the premier league with palace and couldn't score more than Mitro did in his first in any of them... in all competitions

Ya know where Gayles been good? the championship, both times he's played in it he did well, and Gayles more experienced, he's 5yrs older, the Championship is his level.

Mitro is an international striker who finds the net when he gets a decent amount of game time i think,  and tbh he finds it reasonably well even when he's struggling for consistent playing time, he finds it when playing for his country, the kids got a temper problem but he's 22 and in a side that got relegated in a new country/league he got 9premier league goals.

I can't see him doing any worse tbh, and only doing better, which is more than i can say for most of our attack tbh

Do you go to games? Have you watched Mitrovic bang the goals in? He will never score the goals for this club that we want him to. Look at the season we went down, he was SHITE for the most part. You need to let this fascination with him go :icon_lol:

You're living in a dream world mate, he is not a natural goalscorer and never will be.

8 hours ago, Ant said:

This

i don't get it like, we've an international striker with potential, who do we think we're going to replace him with.

Getting linked with Napoli who are consistently in Europe/ top5 serie.a these days, and Besiktas (the turkish champions this year), both in the champions league next year :lol: but aye we can do better.

I genuinely think there's a portion of our support who sees the tongue in cheek adulation Mitro gets from some of the younger fans and buck against it. Just as they did when Shola was getting OTT credit.

Way I see it is that he's a 22yr old striker, who's scored 9 in the top flight already, who's addressing the biggest issue in his game by keeping his name out of the book.

A yellow every 373.6 minutes. A yellow every 4 games

A Goal every 280 minutes. A goal every 3 games

An assist every 186.8 minutes. Assist every 2 games

That's not bad.

I'd also say we won't dominate games in the top flight and will need the kind of pressure release a target man like Mitrovic can be, rather than a busy wee man. No idea if Abraham can play as a target man.

Edited by The Fish

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

Got a bit of time for him but if we're going to play 1 upfront then I don't think he's the answer 

I think we'll not be able to play to Gayle's strengths as much this season. We may well need a bludgeon, like Mitro.

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

I genuinely think there's a portion of our support who sees the tongue in cheek adulation Mitro gets from some of the younger fans and buck against it. Just as they did when Shola was getting OTT credit.

I agree with this.  It seems that some fans just didn't like the praise he got and have gone overboard the other way.  As usual the truth is somewhere in the middle.  I doubt he'll ever be a 20+ goal a season striker but given the only strikers who scored twenty + goals in the premier league last season were Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez, Aguero & Costa, and any of them would cost you in excess of £50m, it's not a great surprise.  I don't think it's inconceivable he could get around 15 goals.

He's got ability but is maddeningly inconsistent + suspect temprement="not a Rafa player". I think Rafa thinks there's better out there for the money we can get for him, more able to play up front on their own and with a less volatile nature. It's good business to get rid at the moment. 

It's fuck all to do with any young fan clubs, I've watched him time and time again and he's been far from impressive in front of goal for the club. Like I've said before he puts a shift in but he's got no pace, for a big lad rarely wins a header in the box and is never in a goalscoring position when there's a decent ball put in there. I'll take one game for example last season, Bristol City at home. Atsu put some cracking balls into the box, where's Mitrovic? He was either outside the box or behind the penalty spot. It was clearly frustrating for the players, he's the lone striker, he needs to be in there. He lacks that goalscoring instinct, it's as simple as that. It might work in a 4-4-2 with him doing the donkey work and having someone else bang the goals in but he's never up to playing up there by himself. I'm correct in thinking you lads don't go to games? Well you can't do because you are deluded about Mitrovic, although you might just be pissed at every game?

Went to the Bristol City game (one of only two I attended last season and the only one I was conscious at) and he was fucking woeful like. Shola at his worst was how I would describe his performance