Utter fucking jizzbuckets v Reading

wykikitoon

Predict the score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you realistically expect the season to pan out? I don't expect or want us to sack Rafa btw. But I do think this team will fail and he'll leave because it isn't good enough or mentally strong enough. And by that point the season will be a write off.

Champions, obviously.

We can now also look forward to the Fish sauntering into the thread later this evening or tomorrow and proclaiming that we all get way too worked up about this, and that he said there was nothing to worry about. He'll probably use the following emoticon:

:cuppa:

btw, someone said we'd be fine once Mitro comes back.  I think that's quite possible, but if it is, we need to see a backup for him too.

We can now also look forward to the Fish sauntering into the thread later this evening or tomorrow and proclaiming that we all get way too worked up about this, and that he said there was nothing to worry about. He'll probably use the following emoticon:

:cuppa:

Didn't he say that about relegation a few months back :lol:

Need a massive improvement, scoreline flattered them really. 

People getting carried away with a home win against a poor side. A very hard run of games coming up, positives out of the game were Hayden and Gayle gaining some confidence in front of goal.

I saw a headline this morning saying that he wanted four more before the window shuts.

Couldn't see it on NewsNow.  Did see a Chronicle article saying he wanted a striker and midfielder in (no direct quotes).

CT when did Rafa say there was more coming?

Aye, it was his presser. Said he wanted 4 more in and that "his best 11 at the end of August will be very different".

It goes on to say it's a left back (Everton lad???) a winger and two strikers. Although that part isn't a direct quote.

Surprised by the negativity. Here and in the stadium. Massive improvement in performance iyam. Pressed more, higher up the pitch, looked for space off the ball, made plenty of chances, converted a good proportion of them.

Still look like frightened children whenever the opposition get within 30 yards, but again, the crowd do the team no favors screaming for challenges to be made or to chase after the ball when we're trying to keep our shape until they make a mistake.

Surprised by the negativity. Here and in the stadium. Massive improvement in performance iyam. Pressed more, higher up the pitch, looked for space off the ball, made plenty of chances, converted a good proportion of them.

Still look like frightened children whenever the opposition get within 30 yards, but again, the crowd do the team no favors screaming for challenges to be made or to chase after the ball when we're trying to keep our shape until they make a mistake.

Yeah I probably saw ~60 mins on Periscope and felt the same.  Even if the scoreline flattered, there were at least 5 clear chances created, and their chances amounted to a penalty and a decent effort off the post/bar?

Just watched the prematch conference and Rafa doesn't specify number of players in or out, though suggests multiple.

NUFC to Score

0 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, strawb, OTF

1 - wykikitoon, Dougle, McFaul , David Kelly, tooner, jonasjuice, sammynb, PaddockLad, barnabox, gpirlo68

2 - Happy Face, trophyshy, acrossthepond, Ant, The Fish, ewerk, ToonMarshy, StoneColdStephenIreland

3 - Rayvin, Andrew, scoobos, @yourservice, Howay, Tom, 247

4+ - Monroe Transfer, Christmas Tree

NUFC to concede

0 - Happy Face, wykikitoon, acrossthepond, Ant, McFaul , Howay, David Kelly, Tom, StoneColdStephenIreland, jonasjuice, sammynb, PaddockLad, barnabox, gpirlo68

1 - Rayvin, Andrew, scoobos, @yourservice, Dougle, The Fish, ewerk, tooner, 247, Christmas Tree

2 - trophyshy, Kevin Carr's Gloves, ToonMarshy, strawb, OTF

4+ - Monroe Transfer

First match I've seen this season. Not impressed tbh, going to be a long season if this match is indicative of the quality of this league. Our defence looked terrified and unlike HF I'm not blaming our fans for that. However, I do think we'll improve and there is a good chance we'll be up there come the end of the season, maybe a play off place which benitez would have a good chance of converting. I wouldn't accept that now though, we have to aim for automatic promotion and get a run going. Think Mitrovic will make a big difference and hopefully will inspire the likes of Perez into action.

Let's be honest thought it's going to be shit to watch probably.

Edited by Renton

I never blamed the fans for it. It's like  a feedback loop of nervous energy that goes through the whole stadium.  The team have done nothing to give supporters any confidence in years.  It's annoying to hear supporters get on players backs and shout for them to be dragged off after 15 minutes though.  Like I said, does no-one any favours.

I never blamed the fans for it. It's like a feedback loop of nervous energy that goes through the whole stadium. The team have done nothing to give supporters any confidence in years. It's annoying to hear supporters get on players backs and shout for them to be dragged off after 15 minutes though. Like I said, does no-one any favours.

True, a large proportion of the fans are cretins. But these are professional football players plying their trade in the most competitive second tier league in the world. They shouldn't let the atmosphere get to them. Honestly though, when was the last time we had a really solid defence? Keegan (although even then not that solid)? One thing I'd expect from benitez would be to make us hard to beat. Hasn't happened so far.

Edited by Renton

Ye knaa, aa thowt we wad lose agyen, surprise-surprise.

But there were earlier surprises.

Janmaat dropped, place taken by winger Anita.

Captain dropped, place taken by Clark.

Aaron dropped, place taken GOUFFRAN!

Shelvey playing 90 minutes.

I said after Huddersfield we'll be fine and we'll still go up. The league is full of dross just as it was last time. It was terrible to watch last time - we bludgeoned our way out of the league and had Alan smith in centre mid for large parts of it ffs. We'll get promoted because Rafa will have us playing more consistently than anyone else and that will be enough. It won't be pretty, we've had two narrow defeats to start with which has lead to some people getting carried away but they'll learn how to stop conceding those goals with proper coaching, which I am confident they have at last. However I get the feeling that it won't be as much of a laugh this time, as more of the clueless wankers (10,000 is my estimate) have probably clung on due to the 'rafalution'