Pussy Grabbing Bumbaclarts vs Leeds United

The Fish

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that, he's not doing loads wrong but he isn't doing much right in that position so it's not really hampering the team overly. As you've alluded to it's a minor complaint in an excellent season which I'm fairly sure will be remedied in the summer.

You calculating Perez's off screen runs.

Oo04a.gif

:lol: :lol: He closes his eyes as soon as Perez goes out of shot, "I can see it all... clearly... he's pulling the centre back off Gayle... ohh... haha ohh... wow... now he's.... he's going the other way and pulling the other centre back away... he's unbalancing them leaving the space clear for Gayle" he then slowly opens his eyes as Perez misplaced a pass, however he is smiling as he knows what REALLY happened.

I agree with that, he's not doing loads wrong but he isn't doing much right in that position so it's not really hampering the team overly. As you've alluded to it's a minor complaint in an excellent season which I'm fairly sure will be remedied in the summer.

Aye, that's where I am. He can play better and needs to either improve his technique, or make quicker decisions.

I felt I had to defend him because he'd been singled out for criticism in a 2-0 away win against Leeds United who're pushing for the play-offs.

[emoji38] [emoji38] He closes his eyes as soon as Perez goes out of shot, "I can see it all... clearly... he's pulling the centre back off Gayle... ohh... haha ohh... wow... now he's.... he's going the other way and pulling the other centre back away... he's unbalancing them leaving the space clear for Gayle" he then slowly opens his eyes as Perez misplaced a pass, however he is smiling as he knows what REALLY happened.

[emoji38]

Aye, that's where I am. He can play better and needs to either improve his technique, or make quicker decisions.

I felt I had to defend him because he'd been singled out for criticism in a 2-0 away win against Leeds United who're pushing for the play-offs.

I just think it's a case of the league not really suiting him, Ithink he'll be more effective next season. The Leeds game was perhaps among his poorest games for us imo but as AH said at least he was grafting. We'll never see him dominating the league as some of us thought he would but he's still a class player and will be more impactful next season.

I just think it's a case of the league not really suiting him, Ithink he'll be more effective next season. The Leeds game was perhaps among his poorest games for us imo but as AH said at least he was grafting. We'll never see him dominating the league as some of us thought he would but he's still a class player and will be more impactful next season.

Why do you think that is?

The physicality? the pace? 

Not sure tbh, I don't think it helps that teams clearly play deeper against us giving him less space to operate but I also think players are allowed to get closer to him as the refs are a bit more lax on grabbing and shoving. It's an odd one really as like I say I'd heard it said about Alli and Jenas but wasn't really sure I believed it but Perez looked better in the PL imo, I don't know whether it's the above or if he thinks he should be able to do more and dribble past more players at this level but it's just not happening for him to the level I thought it would. I'm not saying he has been shite or anything mind just going off his ability in the division above I expected him to shine more than he has, we've only seen brief glimpses of quality like his volleyed goal.

Edited by Howay

Not sure tbh, I don't think it helps that teams clearly play deeper against us giving him less space to operate but I also think players are allowed to get closer to him as the refs are a bit more lax on grabbing and shoving. It's an odd one really as like I say I'd heard it said about Alli and Jenas but wasn't really sure I believed it but Perez looked better in the PL imo, I don't know whether it's the above or if he thinks he should be able to do more and dribble past more players at this level but it's just not happening for him to the level I thought it would. I'm not saying he has been shite or anything mind just going off his ability in the division above I expected him to shine more than he has, we've only seen brief glimpses of quality like his volleyed goal.

I also think he benefits from playing with Mitro more so than with Gayle.

Fair point I suppose. Is the Championship a pacier league though? I could see it being more physical... not sure about pacier...

Maybe that's the problem? maybe Perez is better when he's working at a faster pace, operating on instincts? The goals that stick in the mind are snap volleys or first time takes.

Yes, the problem is that he has TOO MUCH time.

Thanks for this input Commodore Sarcasmo, but was that not a common criticism of Cisse and other "instinctive strikers"?

Oh, wait, yes it fucking was. :finger:

:lol: :lol: He closes his eyes as soon as Perez goes out of shot, "I can see it all... clearly... he's pulling the centre back off Gayle... ohh... haha ohh... wow... now he's.... he's going the other way and pulling the other centre back away... he's unbalancing them leaving the space clear for Gayle" he then slowly opens his eyes as Perez misplaced a pass, however he is smiling as he knows what REALLY happened.

:lol:

Tbh I think he's had much worse games for us this season than Saturday.  It's just a shame that it's not working for him at the moment because he's clearly a talented player.

For me (disclaimer I can only see games on the TV) Perez seems to be rushing his passes to avoid the inevitable afters that seem to happen and go unpunished in the championship. 

Remember first couple of games he seemed to be rolling around like a tart when it happened and people were complaining he needed to harden up to survive at this level, well get rid of the ball quicker and it doesn't become an issue.