Pussy Grabbing Bumbaclarts vs Leeds United

The Fish

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down, I fully appreciate that Perez hasn't been playing particularly well and he is guilty of surrendering possession. But the criticism of him is way over the top, he certainly had a better game than Ritchie.

Also, the position he plays means that a lot of the work he does goes unnoticed. His movement pulls defenders out of their position, and creates pockets of space for Gayle or whomever to exploit. He also occupies the opposition midfielders which gives Shelvey more time on the bal (or Colback last game).

But because the camera follows the ball, people notice him giving the ball away. And because he tends to be receiving the ball under pressure he's more likely to give the ball away than not.

This is a fair point, but unless you're there, how do you know he's doing this if the camera isn't following it...?

I can quite readily believe it fwiw, I think Perez is worth having in the team personally - he does score after all. The only question for me is whether or not Mitro would score more.

This is a fair point, but unless you're there, how do you know he's doing this if the camera isn't following it...?

I can quite readily believe it fwiw, I think Perez is worth having in the team personally - he does score after all. The only question for me is whether or not Mitro would score more.

Partly watching his movement when he's on screen but not necessarily involved, partly hearing 1st hand accounts, partly looking at data, partly guesswork based on the role.

:lol:

Lets not forget, Perez was involved in the second goal.  

I still find him frustrating to watch though. 

That's the crux of the matter. 

It might be true that Perez is more suited to the premier league but whatever he may or may not be doing off the ball, it's not enough to justify his place for me.  And it should have no impact on his ability to pass to a teammate.

Personally I think the argument about Rafa playing two up front is a bit redundant when he's already doing it anyway.  Perez is a striker and although he plays a bit more withdrawn than the others I don't think it's anything that Gayle couldn't do better at the moment behind Mitro.  To me it makes much more sense to try and play your in form players together than ones who are out of nick.  But then again we're clear at the top of the table on our longest ever wining streak  and Rafa has the best start of any manager here.  So it's not like it's something worth complaining about.

I think that's one of the most impressive things about Rafa, we're in this incredible form and are completely in control and he doesn't really have a player that plays that number 10 role that he wants. It's going to be interesting to see who he brings in to play that role next season as I think it's fair to assume he's waiting for us to get back into the PL before getting someone.

I'm not sure he's waited intentionally, or if he just couldn't find anyone in the summer.  Assuming we're still going well come January, I doubt it's a position he'll look to fill then though.  I'd expect him to wait until the summer when he can look for a better quality one.

It might be true that Perez is more suited to the premier league but whatever he may or may not be doing off the ball, it's not enough to justify his place for me.  And it should have no impact on his ability to pass to a teammate.

Personally I think the argument about Rafa playing two up front is a bit redundant when he's already doing it anyway.  Perez is a striker and although he plays a bit more withdrawn than the others I don't think it's anything that Gayle couldn't do better at the moment behind Mitro.  To me it makes much more sense to try and play your in form players together than ones who are out of nick.  But then again we're clear at the top of the table on our longest ever wining streak  and Rafa has the best start of any manager here.  So it's not like it's something worth complaining about.

Gayle hasn't shown me anything that suggests he can play deeper. He's at his best playing off the shoulder of the centre back. He hasn't the vision or passing to play the deeper lying role and we'd miss his disruptive movement further forward.

I'd like a better No.10 than both Perez and Diame to be honest. 

Partly watching his movement when he's on screen but not necessarily involved, partly hearing 1st hand accounts, partly looking at data, partly guesswork based on the role.

I bet you've got marker pen all over your telly.

I'm not sure he's waited intentionally, or if he just couldn't find anyone in the summer. Assuming we're still going well come January, I doubt it's a position he'll look to fill then though. I'd expect him to wait until the summer when he can look for a better quality one.

I think he hoped Diame would fill the role adequately in this league, it hasn't really worked out for whatever reason. I think since we're doing so well he'll just wait until the summer as the calibre of player we will attract will be far better than if we went and got one in January.

Gayle hasn't shown me anything that suggests he can play deeper. He's at his best playing off the shoulder of the centre back. He hasn't the vision or passing to play the deeper lying role and we'd miss his disruptive movement further forward.

I'd like a better No.10 than both Perez and Diame to be honest. 

Perez hasn't shown those qualities this season either.   Nearly all season we've been like a man down in that position.  It's been the only area of our game that hasn't functioned properly imo.  Even Dummett hasn't really been a problem.  I don't think it's much of a coincidence that our best performance has been the one game that Perez actually played well for a change.  Like I said, I think playing players who are in form, even if it means changing the role a bit, would benefit us more.

I think he hoped Diame would fill the role adequately in this league, it hasn't really worked out for whatever reason. I think since we're doing so well he'll just wait until the summer as the calibre of player we will attract will be far better than if we went and got one in January.

Yeah I mean, you could say that Diame has filled it adequately given how we're doing.  I just think it's the difference from us being the efficient team that we are, to us being one that will tear the opposition to shreds.