Pussy Grabbing Bumbaclarts vs Leeds United

The Fish

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another consummately professional performance. You can only beat whatever shite you're up against, so I'm not in the slightest bit worried if we don't win in style. 

The games are going to start coming thick and fast now, and 7 of the next 8 league games are against teams in the bottom half (6 are against teams in bottom 7). Could we break the Keegan record winning streak?

Another consummately professional performance. You can only beat whatever shite you're up against, so I'm not in the slightest bit worried if we don't win in style. 

The games are going to start coming thick and fast now, and 7 of the next 8 league games are against teams in the bottom half (6 are against teams in bottom 7). Could we break the Keegan record winning streak?

Everyone's going on about that winning streak, but the 40 points out of 45 Rafa has won in the last 15 games has never been bettered by any NUFC manager in any division.

Think that's plenty, even if anyone does manage to get a draw against us.

Well Leeds are exactly the sort of Championship fodder we expected them to be, we dominated the game early and got a goal from their lack of quality in net. They had a bit of steam either side of half time but honestly it was all typical clogger shite of hoofing balls into the box to Ayling and Woods, the two breakaways they got broke down because they lack any quality. Then the one bit of quality in the game was from, no surprise, our lot and Gayle turned it in killing the game off.

Bumper crowd for them today despite us being irrelevant to them, hope they enjoyed watching some real football today as it's hopefully going to be decades of lower league clogging in their future. Dirty side overall, struggled to make a tackle without howking the man, just looked for free kicks and corners to have any opportunity. 5 points clear at the top, as I said as the games rack up the gap will widen, Rafa's rotation policy is going to start paying dividends over the xmas period and we'll complement the squad with 1 or 2 more in the January window.

Mind you, we didn't have a single freekick in what I'd consider a dangerous area yesterday. Only had 6 corners too.

Fwiw I think a lot of what Perez does for the team goes unnoticed. He drags opposition out of position, dropping between the lines and moving into channels. And yes, he gives the ball away a fair amount it's because he's trying the killer pass. 

Made the most tackles on our team and only 3 players touched the ball more. Certainly was better than Ritchie and Gouffran yesterday.

Ritchie created 0 chances, made 1 dribble which was unsuccessful, had 3 shots, none of which were on target, but he's got a good song so...

Gouffran had a better game than Ritchie, but didn't do much either.. 

The trouble with Perez is two fold; the Ben Arfa/Robert/fancy foreigner clause, and everyone likes an escape goat.

Not saying Perez was good against Leeds, but he was much better than the internetters would have you believe.

Well, Rafa seems to share my view, but if you hate Rafa and think he's an idiot, you can continue thinking the wrong things that you're thinking. :dunno:

Yeah whatever. The classic sign of a man who has lost an argument.

Calm down, I fully appreciate that Perez hasn't been playing particularly well and he is guilty of surrendering possession. But the criticism of him is way over the top, he certainly had a better game than Ritchie.

Also, the position he plays means that a lot of the work he does goes unnoticed. His movement pulls defenders out of their position, and creates pockets of space for Gayle or whomever to exploit. He also occupies the opposition midfielders which gives Shelvey more time on the bal (or Colback last game).

But because the camera follows the ball, people notice him giving the ball away. And because he tends to be receiving the ball under pressure he's more likely to give the ball away than not.