President Biden

Happy Face

Whitehorse chief of staff Priebus had meeting with FBI to ask them to publically refute media reports about the Trump camapaign's links to Russia.....whilst the the FBI were in the process of investigating media reports of the Trump campaign's links to Russia :lol: it was leaked, BBC among others who reported it, got banned from a private briefing with Spicer....ironically starting to ban media appears to me to be a very Russian thing to do...

I think he wants the press to acquiesce rather than to ban them outright.

Which isn't really better of course but I don't see how he could get anywhere near outright banning the press. He won't get them to acquiesce either.

The media do appear to be on the ropes these days though.

Edited by Rayvin

Which isn't really better of course but I don't see how he could get anywhere near outright banning the press. He won't get them to acquiesce either.

I'm not sure which falsehoods he's accusing the BBC of publishing.

How do you figure that out?

Which bit? The bit about them being on the ropes? Trust in them is at an all time low, people are getting news from other (less reliable) sources, and the US presidency has taken a strong line on them.

:D Anyone remember the rumour (in Bobby McFerrin killed himself territory) that all McDonald's employees had to make a contribution from their wages to the IRA? :lol:

The rumour going round that I remember was that someone prominent in the McDonalds company made donations to 'the boys'. Remember flicking through a rangers fanzine in WHS Smiths and one of them describing fellow 'bears' as 'Burger king' patrons. :lol:

Which bit? The bit about them being on the ropes? Trust in them is at an all time low, people are getting news from other (less reliable) sources, and the US presidency has taken a strong line on them.

The US president is a pathological liar. We need a strong, free press now more than ever. those traditional organisations that Trump accuses of being fake news, such as CNN, NYT, BBC etc are doing a brilliant job of holding him to account. He says they're fake news but they fact check everything - precisely what he doesn't like.

They're on the front foot if anything and enjoying the fight, hardly on the ropes.

It's the actual fake mess that people are consuming which is more of a concern. Funny how trump has latched on to the word given how much he benefited from it.

Is it not true like?

Thought the numbers eye right but the point was that obama had the deficit decreasing after 8 years in office but inherited a wildly spiralling debt from Bush.

A president's economic figures in his first month are always more instructive about his predecessor than himself.

The US president is a pathological liar. We need a strong, free press now more than ever. those traditional organisations that Trump accuses of being fake news, such as CNN, NYT, BBC etc are doing a brilliant job of holding him to account. He says they're fake news but they fact check everything - precisely what he doesn't like.

They're on the front foot if anything and enjoying the fight, hardly on the ropes.

It's the actual fake mess that people are consuming which is more of a concern. Funny how trump has latched on to the word given how much he benefited from it.

Trust in the media has been on a consistently downward trend for years. They're in trouble.

Trump is a liar but to be honest, I've seen the media shit stir and mislead so much over Trump and indeed before him that I'm not prepared to trust them either. I'm just going to do my own research wherever possible.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden