Newcastle United v Birmingham City - POLL RESTARTED

wykikitoon

Predict The Score   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but we're back to our best again now at least.

Let's get another 9 game winning streak underway.

Brighton away would be that 9th match, and there's not much to worry about in between.

NUFC To Score

0 - sammynb

1 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves

2 - ChezGiven, tooner, ewerk, Dr Gloom, StoneColdStephenIreland, Rayvin, Happy Face, OTF, Ant, barnabox, strawb, @yourservice, Tom

3 - Howay, Monkeys Fist, MiddleAgeCool, rogerbarton, The Fish, Andrew, Kitman, aimaad22, scoobos, ohhh_yeah

4+ - David Kelly, Anorthernsoul

NUFC To Concede

0 - ChezGiven, wykikitoon, Howay, Monkeys Fist, Kevin Carr's Gloves, The Fish, ewerk, David Kelly, StoneColdStephenIreland, Rayvin, Happy Face, Kitman, OTF, Ant, barnabox, aimaad22, strawb, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, Tom

1 - tooner, MiddleAgeCool, rogerbarton, Dr Gloom, Andrew, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice

2 - sammynb

3 - 

4+ - 

NUFC To Score
0 - sammynb
1 - wykikitoon, Kevin Carr's Gloves
2 - ChezGiven, tooner, ewerk, Dr Gloom, StoneColdStephenIreland, Rayvin, Happy Face, OTF, Ant, barnabox, strawb, @yourservice, Tom
3 - Howay, Monkeys Fist, MiddleAgeCool, rogerbarton, The Fish, Andrew, Kitman, aimaad22, scoobos, ohhh_yeah
4+ - David Kelly, Anorthernsoul

NUFC To Concede
0 - ChezGiven, wykikitoon, Howay, Monkeys Fist, Kevin Carr's Gloves, The Fish, ewerk, David Kelly, StoneColdStephenIreland, Rayvin, Happy Face, Kitman, OTF, Ant, barnabox, aimaad22, strawb, scoobos, ohhh_yeah, Tom
1 - tooner, MiddleAgeCool, rogerbarton, Dr Gloom, Andrew, Anorthernsoul, @yourservice
2 - sammynb
3 - 
4+ - 

Gutted I didn't take 0.

How so? People claiming we bought the league etc?

No, everyone's just fine with this result. Birmingham fans seem mostly pleasant. It's better when there is more complaining about us being good

The ref was actually fucking hopeless as well.  I've yet to see a single ref in this league who's remotely competent.  I reckon they could take any Sunday morning ref and he wouldn't be any worse than these mongs.

We were excellent though.  It really did look like men against boys.  It was exactly what I thought (and predicted) it would be like with exception being that Diame played by far his best game.  He did that (imo) by playing more like a midfielder, looking to get the ball in deeper and wider positions rather than trying to play as a second striker.  Shelvey, Gayle and Clark were also all very good.  

Dummett is also looking like proving me wrong.  I thought he'd have to drop down much further to find his level but he seems to have found it in this division.

I just saw the highlights and from what I saw I completely agree about Diame, he finally looked like the player we thought we had bought. He was all over the pitch using his strength and size to hold up the ball, or surge past people, he seemed to be dropping deeper for the ball rather than just standing outside the box waiting for it.

Hopefully it was just taking him time to figure out how he could fit in the side and how he should play to be effective in our set up and now we see the player that was a big help to Hull last season. 

The ref was actually fucking hopeless as well.  I've yet to see a single ref in this league who's remotely competent.  I reckon they could take any Sunday morning ref and he wouldn't be any worse than these mongs.

We were excellent though.  It really did look like men against boys.  It was exactly what I thought (and predicted) it would be like with exception being that Diame played by far his best game.  He did that (imo) by playing more like a midfielder, looking to get the ball in deeper and wider positions rather than trying to play as a second striker.  Shelvey, Gayle and Clark were also all very good.  

Dummett is also looking like proving me wrong.  I thought he'd have to drop down much further to find his level but he seems to have found it in this division.

a bit harsh :lol:

i always thought he'd be fine in this division. i've been more surprised at how good gouffran has looked. he'll have no shortage of suitors if we do let him go.  

a bit harsh :lol:

i always thought he'd be fine in this division. i've been more surprised at how good gouffran has looked. he'll have no shortage of suitors if we do let him go.  

The kid tries but he'll never be a premier league player and the way he got rinsed at Fulham first game it wasn't looking like he'd be a championship player either.  But despite the limitations that he's always going to have, he's adequate at this level, especially when he's playing alongside some of the best players in the division.

I always thought Gouffran could be useful in this division.  We've seen him have a spell when he was more than useful in the premier league so it made sense to me that he be able to do something in this division.  I never thought he'd be as important as he has been though.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think dummet is up to the PL either. Not at left back anyway. He seems a capable enough, old fashioned defender though, which is why I thought he'd be alright in this league, but I'm surprised he's managed to maintain his first choice left back role. He has little pace or ability in crossing/dribbling/passing. I thought gouffran was done at this club tbh, fair play to him. He's been this year's Kevin Nolan - most improved player.