2017 GE 1

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Had a tory canvasser knock at my door yesterday. I hadn't realised the sitting cunt announced 6 months after the last election he was stepping down so they've got a new twat. 

I almost regretted the venom with which I replied "no" to her "Can we count on your support?" as an argument might have been fun - as it was she sidled off. 

Doesn't work for me, maybe because I'm not on facebook. Seething contained. ^_^

I was out with one of my best mates last night, on a bit of a pub craw through shields fish quay and on to Tynemouth. He was nagging me to join FB. Whatever. Anyway, at every pub he logged on not only to announce where he was but also what he was drinking. Is this normal FB behaviour? If so, no thanks. [\digression,]

I barely ever use it tbh.  Only handy for messaging people and if someone from a past life wants to get back in touch.

People do spend their fucking lives on it though, and I just can't comprehend it.

Sounds like your mate's :quotes: microblogging :quotes: his life instead of living it.

And I've probably completely fucked up the link anyway, couldn't figure out how to share it easily.

Edited by adios

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Doesn't work for me, maybe because I'm not on facebook. Seething contained. ^_^

I was out with one of my best mates last night, on a bit of a pub craw through shields fish quay and on to Tynemouth. He was nagging me to join FB. Whatever. Anyway, at every pub he logged on not only to announce where he was but also what he was drinking. Is this normal FB behaviour? If so, no thanks. [\digression,]

I do the reverse of that. I nag people to come off fb. :D

I was round a mates last night and he was asking why I came off.

I haven't missed it a bit in the past year or so.

Or Instagram.

Can't kick the Twitter habit though.  The news and football aspect of it. Like a snack size toontastic.

I deleted my Facebook account too years ago and only joined again a couple of years ago.

I like to just use stuff for its positives and not bother with it otherwise.

Twitter is excellent for news and little else.  Facebook for staying in touch (but never actually browsing the feed).

It's the same with smartphones.  Incredibly helpful apps as long as you don't spend your life playing Candy Crush.

The Guardian contending that the Lib Dem's commitment to the EU and a second referendum is now actively working against them, as more people are prepared to just get on with living than to revisit it. Seems that Corbyn may have had the right of this, unbelievably.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/17/lib-dem-defence-48-rubbish-politics-tim-farron-brexit-manifesto

Was interesting to see all the tories on Gogglebox reacting to the Labour party political broadcast that Ken Loach directed which is just Corbyn talking.

All mocking tones and incredulity, then they realise he's talking complete sense and there's no arguing with any of it.  Most come around and the worst of them are reduced to a preference for May based on personality.  When challenged on that she says she likes May's wardrobe.

Fuck the NHS, kids' health, my retirement, foxes and elephants - HE'S NOT WEARING A TIE!

Have to say, as much as this election is going to be a painful swing to the right, I don't regret voting for Corbyn based on what he's campaigning for. Labour definitely have the right policies, and without him we'd still be in some kind of vague Tory lite state.

Personally suspect we would have had that anyway; not sure what old New labour could have done to position itself around the centre based on what the Tories are doing.

Will be interesting to see how this election goes though, in terms of seats won/lost.

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But with him he's helping to deliver a Tory heavy government.

I think there's a good chance that she won't increase her majority enough to make the whole thing worth it. Anything less than a 100 majority and it'll look fuckin pointless iyam

• Like 1

20 May: Labour closing the gap

After the week of the manifesto launches for the main GB-wide parties, the trend of Labour improvement that we've seen throughout the campaign is continuing.

In fact, four polls released on Saturday, for the Sunday papers, suggest that the Labour advance has strengthened. And, while the Lib Dems and UKIP are still below where they were when the election was announced, for the first time it looks as though the latest Labour rise is coming at the expense of the Conservatives.

The Conservative lead was generally around 20 points or a little above in the middle of April. It's down to between 9 and 13 points in today's polls.

As ever, the figures should be treated with caution. It's particularly worth noting that none of the most recent polls come from the companies that tend to put Labour on a lower figure.

ICM and Kantar Public both make adjustments based on turnout rates for different groups of people at previous elections. They've had Labour at a lower level than some of the other companies throughout the campaign. So it will be interesting to see whether their next polls follow a similar pattern.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39856354?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter