SJW Snowflakes

adios

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Tommy Robinson gets 13 months. :lol: 

According to his supporters prisons are luxurious environments where his every need will be catered for so I really don't see the problem.

41 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

But who is going to run his tanning salon when he's in chokey? :smoke-1:

:spit:

You couldn’t make it up. 

He’ll undoubtedly celebrate his release with a curry and a pint of good old English …lager. 

• Haha 1

Germaine Greer :lol:

I really hope she isn't on Twitter, for her sake:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/may/30/germaine-greer-calls-for-punishment-for-to-be-reduced

The Guardian will be beside itself with this.

"

She questioned a statistic which said that 70% of rape victims had suffered post-traumatic stress disorder compared with 20% of conflict veterans.

“What the hell are you saying? Something that leaves no sign, no injury, no nothing is more damaging to a woman than seeing your best friend blown up by an IED is to a veteran?”!

And just cos I'm on a roll, here is an article from the Intercept about how Identity Politics divides the left:

“The framework of identity reduces politics to who you are as an individual and gaining recognition as an individual, rather than your membership in a collectivity and the collective struggle against an oppressive social structure,” Haider writes. “As a result, identity politics paradoxically ends up reinforcing the very norms it set out to criticize.”

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/27/identity-politics-book-asad-haider/

:lol: Indeed. Though he is being interviewed by a woman! And he isn't white.

Frankly I (obviously) think this sort of assessment of the state of the left is long overdue, and have been bleating about it for years now. We need a unifying message to rally behind, not a divisive one. We could work on the 'intersectional' problems in society once we actually have power.

For years now (maybe always) Greer has just gone out of her way to be controversial to get attention. So am I fuck giving her another click

1 minute ago, Alex said:

For years now (maybe always) Greer has just gone out of her way to be controversial to get attention. So am I fuck giving her another click

It's not her writing the article tbf, but her basic premise is that women should be believed in cases of rape without due process of evidence, but that this should be mitigated by reducing the sentence to 200 hours community service (since most rapes aren't violent), and possibly an enforced branding of the rapist with an "r" tattoo on their wrist.

She goes on to say that rape isn't actually a violent crime in most cases. I think this is co-opting the notion that rape has become any act of sex where the woman isn't aggressively screaming "yes, take me now".

Either way, I await the Guardian response :D

Someone aggressively screaming “yes, take me now” would almost certainly kill my boner and at least make me laugh my tits off. Therefore no rape, even in that consensual example.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:spit:

Sums up the mindset very succinctly that, do something illegal, get arrested, ask “why am I being abused?”

Just like how their hero 'Tommy' broke the law with a suspended sentence hanging over him so he's a 'political prisoner'. I.e. special pleading's ok where they're concerned. I see the march for him was poorly attended and the divs who follow him thought they'd get away with showing a picture of Liverpool's CL winning parade as their protest in London. That said, loads of people would've lapped it up. Someone I know shared a story on Facebook about a 30 weeks pregnant woman being stopped by the police and being forced to remove some England flags from her car for 'making a statement'. It was totall scant when it came to details about when it happened etc and one of the most obvious pieces of fake news available. Originally posted by some JRM-loving Brexit mong. The kid in question is a mackem like ;)

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Just like how their hero 'Tommy' broke the law with a suspended sentence hanging over him so he's a 'political prisoner'. I.e. special pleading's ok where they're concerned. I see the march for him was poorly attended and the divs who follow him thought they'd get away with showing a picture of Liverpool's CL winning parade as their protest in London. That said, loads of people would've lapped it up. Someone I know shared a story on Facebook about a 30 weeks pregnant woman being stopped by the police and being forced to remove some England flags from her car for 'making a statement'. It was totall scant when it came to details about when it happened etc and one of the most obvious pieces of fake news available. Originally posted by some JRM-loving Brexit mong. The kid in question is a mackem like ;)

tenor.gif