Anorthernsoul

The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Now that the takeover's not happening it's really nice of Ashley to put himself out & help Rafa. It really does look like he's going out of his way to piss Rafa off. Fanks Mike you utter moron.

No chance, its definitely a loan move.

Rumours of spending are on us "breaking our record" on a new striker, possibly Gamiero.

That would be welcomed news.  However, there are rumblings the Jonjo Shelvey is off to West Ham.  If true, we can not play the rest of the season with Merino and Hayden in midfield, imo.  Merino could be a great player someday but he is far from that now.

Is there talk that we're bringing in more than Kenedy and Gamerio?  Because I'm not reading anything other than those two.

Edited by LooneyToony

Quite frankly, I don't know if he's a quality upgrade to our squad, his playing position is not one off our weaker positions unless he's considered for left-back as a replacement for Dummett, which I doubt.

Left sided players we have are Dummett, Manquillo, Haidara, Aarons, Atsu, and possibly Richie, Gamez, or Murphy who could play either side.

24 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Quite frankly, I don't know if he's a quality upgrade to our squad, his playing position is not one off our weaker positions unless he's considered for left-back as a replacement for Dummett, which I doubt.

Left sided players we have are Dummett, Manquillo, Haidara, Aarons, Atsu, and possibly Richie, Gamez, or Murphy who could play either side.

Aye, this was very much my first thought.

I don't think he's an improvement on Atsu/Richie but I haven't seen much of him.

ETA:  He's a wingback/can play along the left side.

Edited by adios

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

Dummett has been one of our better defenders on the few occassions that he has played, sure Kenedy would be better at getting forward but would imagine he'd be suspect defensively. Another wide options that's neither here nor there in terms of improving the squad. 

It's key to get some players in just to rejuvenate things, so even if only for that purpose they should get something happening. Plus don't want to hear the same rumours next window.

• Like 1

Does Kennedy bring the Premiership experience or quality Rafa said he wanted ? To answer my own question probably not.a bit of a meh signing

Kenedy got 549 minutes and one goal for Chelsea in the Premier League in 2015/16, then only another 75 league minutes for the Blues and 15 minutes on loan at Watford last season.

The summer saw the winger sent home in disgrace by Chelsea after upsetting their Chinese hosts, after Kenedy insulted locals by posting on social media: ‘Damn China’ and ‘Wake up China, you idiot’.

This season has brought only four appearances as an unused sub in the Premier League.

However, in the domestic cups he has started three League Cup and 2 FA Cup matches.

Edited by trooper

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Gameiro? Are we still working off Graham Carr's list of targets?

Caulkin saying this morning that the "record breaking" striker isn't gameiro. Fingers crossed its Aubameyang if we are.

It's no good just bringing extra bodies in we need proven premiership players to help the ream out. If this Kennedy kids the best they can ddodo we might as well stick with what we've got.

12 minutes ago, trooper said:

It's no good just bringing extra bodies in we need proven premiership players to help the ream out. If this Kennedy kids the best they can ddodo we might as well stick with what we've got.

Have you ever seen him play? You didn't know who a premier league and world cup winning german forward was yesterday you might be best off reserving judgement, maybe trusting the recruitment of a manager you've been shitting yourself about losing on an hourly basis for the last two months.