Tammy Abraham

ohhh_yeah

Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
June 5 2017

"Newcastle United have won the race to sign Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham as Rafa Benítez looks to bolster his attack for the assault on the Premier League."

"The 19-year-old forward enjoyed an exceptional season on loan at Bristol City last season, scoring 26 goals in 48 matches, and will now make a step up in standard."

"The deal represents a coup for Newcastle and Benítez, who has good relations with Chelsea from his spell as interim manager at Stamford Bridge when he won the Europa League in 2013. "

"Brighton & Hove Albion, also newly promoted from the Championship, had been interested in recruiting Abraham, who will instead move to St James’ Park on loan."

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Good to get another one in relatively early on in the window 

Reported.

2 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

What do we reckon? Every Bristol City fan I've spoken to (okay, that's two and some bloke on Twitter) seems to think he'll cut the mustard. I'm hoping we'll bring in someone established as well though.

Rumours that Mitro and Murphy are leaving so I'd imagine at least one more striker 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rumours that Mitro and Murphy are leaving so I'd imagine at least one more striker 

That makes sense to be honest. I'm a Mitro fan but we can't take any risks on him at this level. That would leave us with Gayle, Abrahams and Armstrong, so it's likely we'd want two more in.

23 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

That makes sense to be honest. I'm a Mitro fan but we can't take any risks on him at this level. That would leave us with Gayle, Abrahams and Armstrong, so it's likely we'd want two more in.

Armstrong's days must be numbered as well, so if Mitro and Murphy are off we definitely need another striker in.

1 hour ago, rogerbarton said:

Have to agree. I was hoping by the end of the championship season we'd know whether he was any good for certain. We still don't, but he's not likely to be given enough time to find out. I'd say he's better suited to the prem vs the championship though. This is despite being a physical player, the championship refs let anything go, even more so for physical players.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I think Clement would have left Chelsea long before Abraham was getting a look in at the senior team.

May be wrong but didn't Clement look after the youth teams before being promoted?

6 hours ago, David Kelly said:

From what I've seen of him in the U21's there's nothing to suggest he'd be a better option for us next season than anyone we already have.  

How true, and he was dropped for the game against Poland and only came on for the last 20 minutes