Other Games 18/19

Puel sacked. 

Leicester are an odd club now. The football isn't great to watch, but it's pretty effective. Some shocking purchases (Iheanacho cost them what, £35m?) but they've still got a decent pool of talent. They can't expect to repeat the fairytale and they'd need years of steady improvement to break into the top 7, would Puel have delivered that? I dunno, but sacking him won't.

I’d hardly say Leicester’s football is effective considering they’re about 3 points off our little relegation mini league. They’re wasting Vardy, Maddison has went right off the boil, Chilwell is doing well but players like Ndidi, Choudary (sp?), Ricardo and Gray are either playing within themselves or playing out of position. Obviously, it’s impossible to say how much of it is due to the helicopter crash but they should be comfortably around 7th with the players they have. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’d hardly say Leicester’s football is effective considering they’re about 3 points off our little relegation mini league. They’re wasting Vardy, Maddison has went right off the boil, Chilwell is doing well but players like Ndidi, Choudary (sp?), Ricardo and Gray are either playing within themselves or playing out of position. Obviously, it’s impossible to say how much of it is due to the helicopter crash but they should be comfortably around 7th with the players they have. 

Think they're guilty of downing tools because they're safe. Which is admittedly on him. I dunno, I was surprised by Southampton fans treatment of him and now Leicester. I guess because I don't watch them every week I'm not in a position to defend him, but after a casual glance they look safely ensconced in midtable which is about where I'd expect them to be. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Think they're guilty of downing tools because they're safe. Which is admittedly on him. I dunno, I was surprised by Southampton fans treatment of him and now Leicester. I guess because I don't watch them every week I'm not in a position to defend him, but after a casual glance they look safely ensconced in midtable which is about where I'd expect them to be. 

The thing with Leicester is that in 5-10 years they'll have been relegated again. Blackburn Rovers should be a cautionary tale to them.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The thing with Leicester is that in 5-10 years they'll have been relegated again. Blackburn Rovers should be a cautionary tale to them.

Not with their current ownership, Blackburn fell off big time when the Venkys came in and fucked it, Leicesters current ownership (Vichai notwithstanding) brought them up, won the league and are not short on cash and willingness to spend it to keep them up.

23 hours ago, Rayvin said:

How do you mean? That their ambition will be their downfall?

That won't be their downfall, those tinpot clappers will be. Well, that or Brexit.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

How do you mean? That their ambition will be their downfall?

That won't be their downfall, those tinpot clappers will be. Well, that or Brexit.

I don't know if I think it's their ambition, I just mean that saving Everton, no club seems to be able to ward off relegation from outside the top 6 for more than about a decade.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Best promoted team ever, though. If you ignore Ipswich coming up and finishing 5th. And us coming up and finishing 3rd while accumulating more points than Man United will end up with this season.

Has any newly promoted team ever dropped £100,000,000 on transfers? Or had agent links that allowed them to buy a bunch of Portuguese internationals?

It's no surprise they are managing better than the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley etc. 

• Like 1

Looking at tonights games so far there are definitely 2 confirmed relegation spots taken by Huddersfield and Fulham.

At 6 points clear, with a far better GD than anyone below us and with our toughest run in the league over and done with, we play two actually good sides between now and the end of the season, I reckon we're safe.

One from Burnley, Brighton, Southampton and Cardiff to go down. Preferably Cardiff for me.

I'd rather one of the South coast clubs went down so the Sky/BT fixture bastards can stop putting us away to them on Monday nights. Would also like to see Cardiff gan down though as Warnock is about as likeable as a fart in a tent.

8 minutes ago, Fumacarena said:

I'd rather one of the South coast clubs went down so the Sky/BT fixture bastards can stop putting us away to them on Monday nights. Would also like to see Cardiff gan down though as Warnock is about as likeable as a fart in a tent.

tbh those monday nights mean I can actually watch the games so that works out nicely for me.

You're spot on about Warnock though, hes the principle reason I'd prefer Cardiff over any of the others to drop.