Other Games 18/19

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Allardyce has set up a team, two weeks in a row, that has failed to register a shot on target. And we're the ones killing games, aye?

They've had 4 shots on target in their last 4 games put together.

They've scored once. He really does have his way and appears to be immune from criticism from Sky et al.

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Allardyce has set up a team, two weeks in a row, that has failed to register a shot on target. And we're the ones killing games, aye?

:lol: It’s fucking ridiculous man. He set up like that against us ffs, there’s about £100m in player fee difference between our squad and theirs and he was happy to sit deep and just catapult the ball up to Calvert Lewin hoping he can get a free kick or pen. 

23 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: It’s fucking ridiculous man. He set up like that against us ffs, there’s about £100m in player fee difference between our squad and theirs and he was happy to sit deep and just catapult the ball up to Calvert Lewin hoping he can get a free kick or pen. 

Fucking OJ Simpson didn't get away with the murder as much as hippo heed does. Large parts of the media, especially the ex-pro pundits refuse to look at his team setups/stats but will haul others over the coal including our own manager of course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Howay said:

I’ve actually grown to admire what he does. He can keep teams in the PL. He finds a way to scrap results. No matter how poor or talented his squad he’ll turn them into the same type of team.

Of course he’ll be the same cunt who complains that English managers never get a chance to manage at the top level while entirely unaware that he’s the reason why.

But if you want a side to play shite football and to spend money on the wrong players year after year while remaining in the PL then he’s your man.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ve actually grown to admire what he does. He can keep teams in the PL. He finds a way to scrap results. No matter how poor or talented his squad he’ll turn them into the same type of team.

Of course he’ll be the same cunt who complains that English managers never get a chance to manage at the top level while entirely unaware that he’s the reason why.

But if you want a side to play shite football and to spend money on the wrong players year after year while remaining in the PL then he’s your man.

When you look at it that way it’s really a miracle that Ashley fired him. 

My main gripe is more with the coverage he receives, the way sides like us get slaughtered for being defensive yet old English managers such as Allardyce and Hodgson get plaudits for being possibly even more negative. 

The one I really can’t work out is Alan Pardew, he’s an utter cunt of a bloke who has physically assaulted both a player and an official somewhat recently, the football his sides play is not only dreadful but by and large unsuccessful. Despite all that the press seem to love him. 

7 hours ago, Howay said:

When you look at it that way it’s really a miracle that Ashley fired him. 

My main gripe is more with the coverage he receives, the way sides like us get slaughtered for being defensive yet old English managers such as Allardyce and Hodgson get plaudits for being possibly even more negative. 

The one I really can’t work out is Alan Pardew, he’s an utter cunt of a bloke who has physically assaulted both a player and an official somewhat recently, the football his sides play is not only dreadful but by and large unsuccessful. Despite all that the press seem to love him. 

Hes a talker, he gives them easy stuff to write about.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He did? For real?

:D How would I know? He did, however, constantly attempt to wind me up when Pardew was having a good spell at Palace and would frequently make up stuff I’d never said about Pardew in an attempt to get a rise. By and large I ignored him knowing what anyone with half a clue about football did ie it would soon turn to shit. When it did I inevitably gave chez a dose of his own medicine and he palpably couldn’t take it. His leaving soon afterwards was, I’m sure, pure coincidence 

Edited by Alex

Southampton v Crystal Palace today and it's a crucial game for us. If Southampton win they will move above us in the table bumping us down a peg. If Palace win we'll probably stay where we are. Let's have them draw eh.