Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

The main takeaway for me is the leniency shown to PL stars - testing is apparently infrequent and easy to evade. PL stars are said to be unlucky if they are tested twice a year. 

The truth is PADs are rife in all elite sport and the PL is a cash cow. Too much money involved for them to take it seriously. Easier to turn the cheek while the product is so successful and the money is rolling in.  

Its a trillion dollar business as is NFL/NBA etc. 

When Froome was caught backed by Murdoch millions he got the best lawyer available and the eve of the TDF they dropped a 80k page document on the desk of WADA on Asthma in dogs and why this certain drug was used to help.  He like most elite athletes 'has' asthma.  He had in his system the equivalent of 3k puffs on a fucking Ventolin :lol: 

The mother fucker is the most decorated GT rider that's 'clean' yet before Sky the cunt couldn't get out with a bunch of club riders.

Ratcliffe took over Sky when there was all sorts of rumours over voldermort and his staff and what was going on.  He said that wasn't going to happen on his watch and TBF it's not really.  Sure a 37 year old Gerant Thomas is still a GC threat but it's not anywhere near as laughable when Cookson was head of the UCI and his best mate Brailsford was head of Sky.

Then you have 'Yorkshire's own Lizzie Deignan'  She missed three dope tests and blamed it on the UCI not knocking loud enough.  What happened?  Well, British Cycling couldn't allow Golden Girl to be found guilty so once again they get top lawyers.  Financed by Team Sky.  Why?  She wasn't riding for them.  Oh, Brailsford again.  

Anyone who thinks the golden lot of Hoy, Kenny's etc are clean are deluded.  High on Lottery Money they're fucking filth.

In Summery, Elite sport is business.  Where so much money is backed it's not good to have big fish who bring in fuck loads of cash in to be caught doping.  So it's always the little fish caught.  A total charade.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Asthma treatments would be performance enhancing and amphetamines are a common treatment for ADHD 

Asthma treatments expand airways don't they, allowing the user to take in more oxygen. I suggest someone without asthma would greatly benefit, especially a pro athlete. And aye amphetamines speak for themselves, from experience in my younger days :lol:

Ritalin type drugs are notorious among students for the intense amount of focus and energy they bring with it, so again definitely something that would benefit a pro who pretends he has ADHD.

Germans are nailing peptides too, just look at the Munich body transformations over the years. They have an unhealthy amount of muscle bound freaks, including players who were weeds before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Asthma treatments expand airways don't they, allowing the user to take in more oxygen. I suggest someone without asthma would greatly benefit, especially a pro athlete. And aye amphetamines speak for themselves, from experience in my younger days :lol:

Ritalin type drugs are notorious among students for the intense amount of focus and energy they bring with it, so again definitely something that would benefit a pro who pretends he has ADHD.

Germans are nailing peptides too, just look at the Munich body transformations over the years. They have an unhealthy amount of muscle bound freaks, including players who were weeds before.

Have you seen how much muscle Joelinton has stacked on since he’s been with us?

• Like 2

Screenshot_20240212-093418.thumb.png.a2f12f229bd474123c2a4c0a31ca67de.png

This is who would have picked up the most blue cards had it been in place for this PL season. 

Some significant player time lost which you would think will have an impact on results, even if teams just retreat into their shell for the sin bin time. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240212-093418.thumb.png.a2f12f229bd474123c2a4c0a31ca67de.png

This is who would have picked up the most blue cards had it been in place for this PL season. 

Some significant player time lost which you would think will have an impact on results, even if teams just retreat into their shell for the sin bin time. 

Basically, Liverpool and Man Utd would be in deep shit and Man City would have won the league by March :lol:

Not sure I agree with Arsenal being so low down the list. They are constantly whinging to the ref.

I think it's based on the actual reasons given for cautions. So that probably tells you a bit more about how the refs are a bit too pally with Arsenal players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I think it's based on the actual reasons given for cautions. So that probably tells you a bit more about how the refs are a bit too pally with Arsenal players. 

Yeah, it only shows where dissent or a tactical foul has been blown up. Man City are prodigious with the ol' tactical foul, but get away with it.

Chelsea and Man Utd are most likely to suffer in my opinion. They're more reliant on the individual plucking a bit of quality out of their arse, rather than the team's style. Bruno Fernandes gets benched for 10 minutes, then there's nobody to pull the strings. If Nunez gets benched, Liverpool will get by without him just fine. 

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Best of luck to Keith in his big match.

Is that Keith Huntly, the famous detective who caught the notorious Irn Bru Bandits, Banks O’Dee and Buckie Thistle? 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Dougle said:

The names in this league man. Tremendous

Highland.JPG

Where’s the Civil Service Strollers when you need them? 

Edited by Alex

18 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Just in case the question ever comes up. 

Honourable mention to former player Fabio Pancake 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is that Keith Huntly, the famous detective who caught the notorious Irn Bru Bandits, Banks O’Dee and Buckie Thistle? 

From Brigadoon? 

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the batsman's holding the bowler's willey

It was the other way round as, unlike the great Michael Holding, Peter Willey wasn’t much of a bowler. I think that was apocryphal unfortunately (although I like to imagine Brian Johnston saying it then making the TMS box giggle). Lillee caught Willey bowled Dilley actually did occur though. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1