Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

The difference here is that Pep deserves one. He also doesn’t really seek the limelight like Gnashers did so there is a good chance he won’t announce anything until he has actually left.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Ayoze Perez has made the provisional Spain squad for Euros (along with Joselu and Merino).

LOLZ.

Thought Merino was a great player at the wrong time for us with us beinf a shambles.

Imagine he would have been a Rolls Royce player if he had a season or two under Eddie. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RobElliott said:

Thought Merino was a great player at the wrong time for us with us beinf a shambles.

Imagine he would have been a Rolls Royce player if he had a season or two under Eddie. 

I can't actually remember seeing Merino play for us. It might have been during my dark days 😂

The list of players we have had that Eddie might have improved would be a list worth seeing. 

3 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

I can't actually remember seeing Merino play for us. It might have been during my dark days 😂

The list of players we have had that Eddie might have improved would be a list worth seeing. 

Standout ones would be:

sissoko

perez

wijanldum

antonio barreca

• Like 1

I don't know much about this bloke Chelsea are looking to poach from Leicester, but has he done much more than smash up the Championship with a squad with which Steve Bruce could have smashed up the Championship? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't know much about this bloke Chelsea are looking to poach from Leicester, but has he done much more than smash up the Championship with a squad with which Steve Bruce could have smashed up the Championship? 

Pep protege is the new Fergie Protege. Means about as much ie fuck all as far as I can make out :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I wouldn't even say he smashed up the championship, they beat a plucky Ipswich by one point with a significantly better squad. They lost more games than Ipswich too - McKenna seems like the better manager to me based on the very little I've seen of both.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Leicester fans dont seem too arsed to see him leave. "Another anti-football Guardiola acolyte" as one fan described him on The Athletic. Most expensive Championship squad assembled (apparently) with the most dour and boring football to watch. 

He'll just be keeping the Chelsea hot-seat warm for the next moron.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Aye. Ive got a Leicester fan mate and he said they play boring football. There some proper grumbles earlier in th season and that’s when they were flying. 

Edited by Holden McGroin

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20240528-190904.thumb.png.7340412f9d4781437e18356be27ef3f9.png

Tell them all they have to come back to the office then this. Shady as fuck tactics from Ratcliffe. What a fucking cunt. 

Hope Ashworth likes it there. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 6

On 09/05/2024 at 17:17, aimaad22 said:

They've got a super charged version of Ashley :lol:

Looking more and more like it every day. I thought Ratcliffe’s remit only extended to football operations?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240528-190904.thumb.png.7340412f9d4781437e18356be27ef3f9.png

Tell them all they have to come back to the office then this. Shady as fuck tactics from Ratcliffe. What a fucking cunt. 

Hope Ashworth likes it there. 

But those fucking cunts still managed to win another fecking trophy. I really hope they finally get what they really do deserve.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Isegrim said:

But those fucking cunts still managed to win another fecking trophy. I really hope they finally get what they really do deserve.

On the plus side, they might have to drop into the conference league cos Nice are already in the Europe League and got there by finishing higher in Ligue 1. 

Ineos are in talks with UEFA and are "confident" everything will be fine, but I'll direct you to Ratcliffe's confidence that they would get Ashworth for a song. 

If UEFA don't take a stand here, then this rule basically goes in the bin and it won't be long before clubs under the same ownership are playing one another in semi finals, with all the controversy that would bring. 

• Like 5

My money is on UEFA not making a stand  😒

Lots of talk of Chelsea declining their Europa League place to avoid FFP scrutiny from UEFA too. We’re only a Villa disqualification due to their fans abysmal accent away from the CL group stages tbh  :cuppa:

• Haha 10

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

On the plus side, they might have to drop into the conference league cos Nice are already in the Europe League and got there by finishing higher in Ligue 1. 

Ineos are in talks with UEFA and are "confident" everything will be fine, but I'll direct you to Ratcliffe's confidence that they would get Ashworth for a song. 

If UEFA don't take a stand here, then this rule basically goes in the bin and it won't be long before clubs under the same ownership are playing one another in semi finals, with all the controversy that would bring. 

It would be hilarious after ALL THE HARD WORK Erik has done and then Sir Jim single handedly gets them demoted to another competition.

Robert Downey Jr Kisses GIF

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

My money is on UEFA not making a stand  😒

Lots of talk of Chelsea declining their Europa League place to avoid FFP scrutiny from UEFA too. We’re only a Villa disqualification due to their fans abysmal accent away from the CL group stages tbh  :cuppa:

It would make sense, especially as Chelsea are now only in the conference. Are they actually allowed to do that though? I.e. you’d think there’d be sanctions