Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Henderson and Mane gone, VVD and Salah getting on. Maybe he knows the clubs got a massive rebuild coming up and he doesn't want to sully his legacy there. 

Either that or the tabs have caught up with him 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I can't work out if this is him stepping back because he's burnt out and needs a break or if he's suffering with a debilitating illness of some kind.

Either way....

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Good riddance you cunt 

• Haha 6

Just now, Dazzler said:

It's nailed on to be Xabi Alonso as his successor IMO.

Do you think he’d take it before he’d go to Madrid? Ancelotti won’t go on forever. Am absolutely fuckin certain that the scousers would want him but in the end I seem to remember he couldn’t wait to leave..   

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

I hate the cunt as the Liverpool manager, but hopefully he just wants to get away from Liverpool to see if he has tinnitus or if the squealing noise in his lugs is due to his geography and it's nowt serious - I divvint hate the cunt that much :lol:

Germany or Bayern at the end of the season for Klopp unless his health is fucked I'd imagine.

Yeah, hopefully. Felt the same about Ferguson, hatedboth  their mind games and petulance, but honestly would love to have a manager like that here (with the accompanying success of course). Magers like Pep who do great things and remain likable are rare as rocking horse shit. I guess maybe Bobby Robson had an effect on him, somehow bypassed Mourinho mind.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Henderson and Mane gone, VVD and Salah getting on. Maybe he knows the clubs got a massive rebuild coming up and he doesn't want to sully his legacy there. 

Either that or the tabs have caught up with him 

Dalglish obviously went through a lot there regarding Hillsborough and was absolutely scarred by it but he also left a pile of shite, (by Liverpool's standards) for Souness who naturally couldn't turn it around as they didn't realise at the time he was gubbins as a manager. Maybe Klopp doesn't fancy the job knowing he's probably going to be second best at best in the near future?

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Jim Radcliffe waved his cheque book at him maybe?

He'd go up in my estimations if he made a complete WWE attitude era heel turn and fucked off to Man Utd in the summer.

"Oh I love the club, and the city and the fans but it's the right time to go......to your biggest rivals. Suck it!"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Jim Radcliffe waved his cheque book at him maybe?

I’d be amazed. I think he might have a year off then see what falls in his lap after that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Wonder if he's been caught shop lifting 

Dipper at work needs to be checked in every 5 minutes how tbh 

Has he been for a shit and come back in with the puffy eyes of a toddler who's scraped their knee yet? :lol:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Only took about 7 posts on the thread about this on RTG for them to make it about us 

What? PIF has poached him for us? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Only took about 7 posts on the thread about this on RTG for them to make it about us 

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Liar.

Four posts. :lol:

8509nx.jpg.1765bce0e0c2663b6016b4fff80a1cd8.jpg

• Haha 12

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Naglesmann is national coach for this summers Euros only, free agent after that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems likely, especially as it is unlikely that we will be successful.

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

IMG_20240126_113455.thumb.jpg.7054ab8c304c0e4315ad3557daa03d09.jpg

Do they think that we think Dalgleish was a saviour after he dismantled a title challenging team and brought in a bunch of geriatric ex Liverpool players? Surely they don't believe that, but then I'd put nowt past them.

Just now, Gemmill said:

Anyone on RTG suggested they should make a play for him to replace Beale yet? 

There's a few offering a straight swap. They may be joking, but I reckon they aren't.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

IMG_20240126_113455.thumb.jpg.7054ab8c304c0e4315ad3557daa03d09.jpg

I assume he means Benitez. Who did a good job by any standards and who also had three full-time managers after him before Klopp took over. They are absolutely tapped on there like 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1