Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Genuinely, which of their players would get into our squad? ( If we weren't dry fucked by injuries?)

A few players only as cover maybe :lol: 

Hojlund for Wilson just because he might actually play more

Garnacho for Almiron (no idea if Garnacho can play well on the right wing)

Martinez for Lascelles

I know some people will say Fernandez and Rashford but half arsed drama queens who turn up when they feel like it aren't really Eddie Howe players. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Genuinely, which of their players would get into our squad? ( If we weren't dry fucked by injuries?)

Given that Man U have the highest wage bill in the league, 2.5x times our, and that that means they very likely have the highest in the world (apart from possibly Real Madrid) absolutely none of them.

Theres absolutely no value in any of them apart from one, Kobbie Mainoo who is being heralded as the next big thing despite having had a less productive season than Lewis Miley, who is also younger than him by a year.

Them being just 5 points clear of us right now is absolutely embarrassing, that people still praise Ten hag is embarrassing, that their star performer right now is an 18 year old academy player on about 10k a week is a testament to the failure of the billions they've spent.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

A few players only as cover maybe :lol: 

Hojlund for Wilson just because he might actually play more

Garnacho for Almiron (no idea if Garnacho can play well on the right wing)

Martinez for Lascelles

I know some people will say Fernandez and Rashford but half arsed drama queens who turn up when they feel like it aren't really Eddie Howe players. 

I would definitely say Rashford. Get him in under Howe with his man management skills stick him up top (since neither of our strikers are ever at 100%) and he'll nail the goals in.

He seems like a canny enough lad off the pitch, and his form is completely linked to the absolute basket case of a club he plays for and the entitled fans that constantly get on his back whenever he misses a chance. Also - the right wing tory cunts that support man utd that were against him providing food to vulnerable kids during covid.

You couldn't have him on the left of a front three under Howe as he just wouldn't do the graft that Gordon or Barnes do (he's probably shit at the defensive stuff anyway) but whenever he's played central he often drops deep to receive the ball and start attacks (a bit like Isak does for us).

Though his salary is fucking mental, and no way would that ever fly here unless he took a massive pay cut so my point is totally redundant :lol:

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

Given that Man U have the highest wage bill in the league, 2.5x times our, and that that means they very likely have the highest in the world (apart from possibly Real Madrid) absolutely none of them.

Theres absolutely no value in any of them apart from one, Kobbie Mainoo who is being heralded as the next big thing despite having had a less productive season than Lewis Miley, who is also younger than him by a year.

Them being just 5 points clear of us right now is absolutely embarrassing, that people still praise Ten hag is embarrassing, that their star performer right now is an 18 year old academy player on about 10k a week is a testament to the failure of the billions they've spent.

The way people went on when they won a cup tie against an admittedly excellent Liverpool side. But it was at home and it was one of those games where extra time was quite chaotic with it being a bit like a game of basketball. Where it was basically end to end and could have easily gone the other way. Long may it continue and keep that fraud in a job though 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Let’s see the stats nonces defend this one.

The date might be a factor. And don’t you try and invoke the double whoosh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Alex said:

The way people went on when they won a cup tie against an admittedly excellent Liverpool side. But it was at home and it was one of those games where extra time was quite chaotic with it being a bit like a game of basketball. Where it was basically end to end and could have easily gone the other way. Long may it continue and keep that fraud in a job though 

How dare you try and jinx Southgate relegating them next year. Shame on you.

• Haha 1

On 01/04/2024 at 20:47, Andrew said:

The fuss about Mainoo reminds me of when McTominay broke through and they constantly hyped up his performances, Mourinho even giving him player of the year iirc :lol:.

Fwiw he seems a tidy enough player but I agree I see absolutely nothing that points to him being a bigger talent than Miley. He’s an undersized defensive midfielder,  compared to Miley who has a big frame and is clearly learning how to use it, I’ve also seen a far better range of passing from Miley whereas Mainoo tends to do short sideways and backward types of passes. Again though Mainoo plays for Man U so this will go on for years, there’s a reason players like Kieran Richardson and Tom Cleverley have England caps. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Howay said:

The fuss about Mainoo reminds me of when McTominay broke through and they constantly hyped up his performances, Mourinho even giving him player of the year iirc :lol:.

Fwiw he seems a tidy enough player but I agree I see absolutely nothing that points to him being a bigger talent than Miley. He’s an undersized defensive midfielder,  compared to Miley who has a big frame and is clearly learning how to use it, I’ve also seen a far better range of passing from Miley whereas Mainoo tends to do short sideways and backward types of passes. Again though Mainoo plays for Man U so this will go on for years, there’s a reason players like Kieran Richardson and Tom Cleverley have England caps. 

:lol: Correct, I'd add one player..... Januzaj. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Howay said:

Largely agree but Mainoo looks at this stage to be a physically more durable than Miley. Theyre both basically still in their mid teens though and judgements on their potential should be on the mild side..

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Largely agree but Mainoo looks at this stage to be a physically more durable than Miley. Theyre both basically still in their mid teens though and judgements on their potential should be on the mild side..

As an aside, I am hugely enjoying your "perfect" pedantathon on twitter !!!!

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: Correct, I'd add one player..... Januzaj. 

Macheda?(Sp?)

I do agree Mainoo is probably overhyped purely because he’s playing for them. Perhaps a case of shining by being decent in a not particularly well functioning team / midfield as well. I have been impressed when I’ve seen him though. I thought he did well v Liverpool in the cup game 

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

I do agree Mainoo is probably overhyped purely because he’s playing for them. Perhaps a case of shining by being decent in a not particularly well functioning team / midfield as well. I have been impressed when I’ve seen him though. I thought he did well v Liverpool in the cup game 

Agreed, we should sign him.

Do I hear the sound of chickens coming home to roost?…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271249/Premier-League-eyeing-ABOLISHING-points-deductions-introducing-NBA-style-luxury-tax-fears-stars-leave-rules-restrict-pay-Everton-Nottingham-Forest-lost-points.html

Yank PL owners getting their own way. UEFA won’t be happy but if they change their rules accordingly then they’ll get all Euro elite teams on side immediately and very likely sink the ESL once and for all 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by PaddockLad