Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

8 hours ago, Howay said:

The Knight Ryder has picked up THAT exclusive. Just a quick tweet to gloat then 10 pints and right to bed. 

He’s probably been hanging around in the lobby for hours and she’s tried to shake him off on the way to the lifts. Hey presto, world exclusive!

• Haha 3

On 09/10/2021 at 21:51, wykikitoon said:

Well he got a second yellow. 

The commentator seemed to be saying that you should only be sent off for a serious offence and that the ref should’ve taken that into consideration. That’s the exact fucking opposite of what should happen. Yellow cards should be given out for yellow card offences regardless of whether or not the player has already been booked. I mean you can say it was a harsh yellow but that’s a different argument 

• Like 3

Just listening to TalkShite and Ray Parlour was talking about Gareth Southgate.  They were talking about what club could he manage in the Prem.  Then they were saying how Southgate was promoted to manager at Boro.  He said Southgate had everyone gathered together and wanted them all to call him boss.  So Parlour said 'what about big nose'  Apparently he was told no, made to train with the reserves and then left 3 weeks later :lol:

What a fucking fanny Southgate is.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Just listening to TalkShite and Ray Parlour was talking about Gareth Southgate.  They were talking about what club could he manage in the Prem.  Then they were saying how Southgate was promoted to manager at Boro.  He said Southgate had everyone gathered together and wanted them all to call him boss.  So Parlour said 'what about big nose'  Apparently he was told no, made to train with the reserves and then left 3 weeks later :lol:

What a fucking fanny Southgate is.

I think that sounds like good management by southgate tbh, showing your BOSS some professional disrespect in most companies isnt generally that well received. 

Good management.

Getting the Tea lady in and telling them to call him boss.  Get the fuck off.

Yes respect the gaffer, but to act like a fucking jumped up bell end.

Parlour said he was expecting him to turn around and say something about him as a joke.  Fuck me.  Silly three piece suit wanker.

• Like 1

I think he’s got a very good set of players with England atm. I still think he’s done pretty well though, although he’s still struggling to get the balance right between defence and attack. But the players seem to have his respect which is clearly very important. Either way, international and club management are very different. He’s already shown he’s struggled at club level. 

Ray Parlour, on the other hand, looks like he’ll still stink of a combination of Brut 33 and Lynx Africa at tea time 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

He's also shit at making subs.

I think he has got massive respect from the players and they did say that club and national management is totally different.  Especially with the talent he has at England.  

• Like 1

I actually think England could’ve done better (the World Cup came too early) and win the Euros with a braver / better manager in the final. Equally a lot of managers wouldn’t have done as well. Either way I put him in the category of being a good fit for the current England setup rather than being someone who could do well in a high profile club job. 

• Like 3

My worry with Southgate is that he’s going to stick with Rice-Phillips and while that’s not a bad thing, he’s not going to put Alexander-Arnold in at right back which is the obvious issue to the lopsided balance at the full backs. They rely on the left side too much because he’s obsessed with having Walker do his defending rather than bombing on whereas Rice and Phillips should be filling those gaps left by TAA and Shaw

• Like 3