Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

20 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Bless! 🙂 

Those bottom three barely kick a ball for them (I don't think). Casemiro is normally suspended anyways. Luke Shaw is always injured. I don't think many of these should count tbh :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Those bottom three barely kick a ball for them (I don't think). Casemiro is normally suspended anyways. Luke Shaw is always injured. I don't think many of these should count tbh :lol:

But. But. But. It's (Manchester) United. 🥺 

9 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

But. But. But. It's (Manchester) United. 🥺 

Aye exactly. Poor Man Utd whose second string cost more than our entire squad. I can't believe they've lost a massive 9 players to injury, they must feel so hard done by.

Also: Newcastle are shit, they lost to Bournemouth. Hahahaha what a shit team, hahahaha.

It's fine though. We'll have a couple back after the internationals and we'll batter Chelsea and Ten Slag will go on a "shpiral" and blame his injuries when he gets the bullet and is replaced by Rooney (who can't even buy a win with Birmingham).

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Alex said:

The best number 10 we ever had wore number 8 and worked his bollocks off (unlike the two he mentions) 

Yeah there’s more than one way to skin a rabbit :D 

I think he’s right though. 433 has killed no.  10… 

32 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah there’s more than one way to skin a rabbit :D 

I think he’s right though. 433 has killed no.  10… 

It’s cyclical though. And you still get teams playing with footballers ‘in the hole’. Man City won everything last season with players like Foden (named as a winger but would exploit the spaces in between Defence and midfield), Alvarez and Bernardo Silva. I might be wrong but a lot of sides still seem to play with two holding midfielders allowing three more attacking ones. And Maddison has been arguably the main reason for Spurs’ good start in that sort of role. Seems a bit overly nostalgic/myopic re: James Rodriguez, who just seemed to lose interest four or five seasons ago.

5 hours ago, Alex said:

It’s cyclical though. And you still get teams playing with footballers ‘in the hole’. Man City won everything last season with players like Foden (named as a winger but would exploit the spaces in between Defence and midfield), Alvarez and Bernardo Silva. I might be wrong but a lot of sides still seem to play with two holding midfielders allowing three more attacking ones. And Maddison has been arguably the main reason for Spurs’ good start in that sort of role. Seems a bit overly nostalgic/myopic re: James Rodriguez, who just seemed to lose interest four or five seasons ago.

This is Foden about to receive the ball in the build up to Man City’s goal v us… I think you’re right, they’ve got fuckin 3 no. 10s :lol: 

IMG_3188.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Everton deducted ten points.

Could this be the year Gemmill finally gets the hang of this relegation lark?

In short, nope - they've been in decent form and  Luton, Burnley and Sheffield Utd are so fucking woeful that they'll probably just about keep them up.

However, there will be a number of teams suing the shit out of them since Everton cheating during covid cost them their places in the league - now that would be both hilarious, and could financially cripple them which would cost them even more points, which will be worth it in the long run.

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Getting sued by a few clubs as well. Maybe if their fans had set off midnight fireworks outside the independent commission HQ, things could have been different.

It's all our fault apparently

image.thumb.png.7d8eb66e3381d39828b308d4502e381e.png

• Haha 3

image.thumb.png.eb07c8de00d52b8565b64b4b441d793e.png

Conveniently ignoring the fact that we've spent within FFP. Loaned Hall to comply this season, and thus far done everything above board to ensure we don't get caught out like Man City and Chelsea. Fucking hell, scousers are thick.

Just now, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20231117_123945_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ee0c0f5f684ea2d9c72115dee2fe6f58.jpg

:lol: Dock the cunts another 10 for the flares and fireworks.

EastEnders' Phil Mitchell swigs from bottle of whisky as he ...

"And I'll tell you na notha thing...I'll fuckin definlay get dem 10 pints back. Fuckin watch is." - Said Dyche outside the Bee Hive after receiving the news.

• Haha 10