Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

17 hours ago, Isegrim said:

🍿

So you're telling me there's still hope that he is unsuccessful and turns his attention back to the mackems sinking them into oblivion?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

What time does Wykiki start his Southgate bitch fest tonight?

im guessing 18:45 when the teams are announced. 

Totally forgot they were playing until about 21:30.  Nice to see a decent amount of rotation for once.  It's what he should have been doing for years.

You get so called expert pundits sticking up for him continually picking Henderson and Maguire despite not playing for their clubs.  Their defence to Southgate is 'well they have experience'.  Yet he (and others before him) never seem to rotate a decent amount for friendlies against lower teams.  So how are players supposed to get experience on the international stage? 

Then I read that some people were annoyed we didn't smash the Aussies.  Fuck me.  I am one of Southgates biggest critics, but come on.  He's rotated a lot, what more do you want?  We won, Watkins scored, he's rested Kane etc and we move on.  

Although I did point out Henderson would still be picked when at Saudi and someone said no they wouldn't 😛 

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Totally forgot they were playing until about 21:30.  Nice to see a decent amount of rotation for once.  It's what he should have been doing for years.

You get so called expert pundits sticking up for him continually picking Henderson and Maguire despite not playing for their clubs.  Their defence to Southgate is 'well they have experience'.  Yet he (and others before him) never seem to rotate a decent amount for friendlies against lower teams.  So how are players supposed to get experience on the international stage? 

Then I read that some people were annoyed we didn't smash the Aussies.  Fuck me.  I am one of Southgates biggest critics, but come on.  He's rotated a lot, what more do you want?  We won, Watkins scored, he's rested Kane etc and we move on.  

Although I did point out Henderson would still be picked when at Saudi and someone said no they wouldn't 😛 

See my comments in the other thread for my criticism on this game. Yes he rotated but this wasn't a good result and you know these rotation players will soon disappear when anything important comes up so they get no benefit from the alleged rotation. 

Aye I just read them.  I totally agree, hence why I think he should have been dropping the likes of Kane v San Marino and giving others a chance.  But no, Kane getting a record against a bunch of plumbers and sparkies is far more important. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye I just read them.  I totally agree, hence why I think he should have been dropping the likes of Kane v San Marino and giving others a chance.  But no, Kane getting a record against a bunch of plumbers and sparkies is far more important. 

That's the point. 👍

They need exposure to international football with more experienced players not wholesale for a kick about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

The voice of reason. You still feeling okay mate?😉

In my defence, did anyone really think he’d pick Henderson to play after that retirement move? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

If I was Kane, I’d be fuming if he dropped me for San Marino.