Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

57 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67474385

That's all Man Utd players on dope then

There's fitness and conditioning, of course, but there are other things that might seem on the periphery, like sleeping in the right position, having the same pillow when you are away. They're tiny things but together it makes a big difference

Looking forward to seeing all the Newton Heath lads getting on the coach to Spurs, all clutching their favourite blankie. 

Ten Pence will be all over this kind of shite like a dog eating chips. 

• Haha 3

I'm sick of hearing and reading about how Everton's 10 point deduction is harsh (shut your shit Shearer). It's probably not harsh enough when you consider the upside of ignoring FFP.

If you make it 5 points (which it may well become on appeal), everyone may as well have a go at it.

They would 100% have been relegated even if you just took Richarlison out of their team during that period. With all the risks that come attached to that. Instead they cheated, stayed up, and now they won't shut up about 10 points.

Far from being harsh, they've got incredibly lucky to get the 10 points now when the newly promoted teams are about as bad as you get coming up out of the Championship.

• Like 4

Sorry, I've missed a bit of this conversation. But just to weigh in on the important part. You don't deduct a deduction, as that would be an addition. 

10 + -5 = 5

10 - -5 = 15

-5 + 10 = 5

-5 - 10 = -15

Are you all thinking that the minus before a negative number is an instruction, rather than a descriptor for a number less than 0?

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sorry, I've missed a bit of this conversation. But just to weigh in on the important part. You don't deduct a deduction, as that would be an addition. 

10 + -5 = 5

10 - -5 = 15

-5 + 10 = 5

-5 - 10 = -15

Are you all thinking that the minus before a negative number is an instruction, rather than a descriptor for a number less than 0?

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

• Haha 3

I know GSCEs were a while ago, but come on!

My lad is 4 and I reckon with a little coaching he could get the hang of negative numbers before next week. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I know GSCEs were a while ago, but come on!

My lad is 4 and I reckon with a little coaching he could get the hang of negative numbers before next week. 

i'm a wordsmith. i'll leave the data fetish to you and the so-called accountant 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i'm a wordsmith. i'll leave the data fetish to you and the so-called accountant 

Your smithing needs practise. Lowercase i's? 

• Haha 1

Because it was for free I did maths key stage 2 at the local tech towards the end of lockdown. So to my bitter regret I must on this occasion concur with both Dave and Gemmil on this one. If you’re adding a negative you go backwards. I know, I know …. I don’t make the rules on this though 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😒

Edited by PaddockLad

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

10 + -5 = 5

10 - -5 = 15

-5 + 10 = 5

-5 - 10 = -15

This seems like a very basic concept and I for one am shocked and/or appalled at how few people seem to be grasping it.

It may make it simpler for people if they assume the first part of the sum is 0

E.g. 0 -5 + 10 = 5

Is there a series of GIFs for people who know perfectly well how negatives work but who enjoy seeing nerds getting their knickers in a twist over it?

Asking for a friend

called Meenzer

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Is there a series of GIFs for people who know perfectly well how negatives work but who enjoy seeing nerds getting their knickers in a twist over it?

Asking for a friend

called Meenzer

Yeah, just go to www.gifsforinnumeratemongstofeelsuperior.com

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Asking for a friend

called Meenzer

I'd agree I'd been wooshed, if Bass hadn't doubled down so very, very, hard

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

But, the points aren’t a negative number, are they? 
They are 10 positive points (numbers), which are being deducted from their points total , also a positive number. 

14-10 = 4. 

Lick…

Iz. 

Anything with a - in front of it is a negative number so in the above example -10. In the end doesn't really matter, and I don't really care. Everton are losing 10 points, and we should revel in their misery :lol:

• Haha 1