Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

44 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Sources, leaks, sports hacks. Fucking hell some people are so full of shit it is unreal :icon_lol:

:lol: don’t shoot the messenger!

i did speak to a colleague who used to cover sport about it. I’m just relaying his theory but he does still have sources in that world. Whether he’s right or not remains to be seen.

14 minutes ago, trooper said:

Mark Douglas ...

Right, I'm on the morning blog. Come and join me... Reports claim #nufc bid is "take it or leave it" 

Straight out of the Ashley playbook if that’s the case. Playing the fat cunt at his own game. 

Just guessing here but i wonder if Stavley has told him to sod off about repaying the loan to him as he's probably had more than that back in free advertising. As i say it's just a guess

Edited by trooper

Just now, trooper said:

Just guessing here but i wonder if Stavley has told him to sod off about repayingvthe loan to him as he's probably had more than that back in free advertising. As i say it's just a guess

The proposed bid appears to cover original value plus loan though.

Also, there's no way in hell he would accept that. There's no way in hell he would accept any of this :lol:

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The reality is a genuine opening bid from a credible buyer is highly unlikely to be a take it or leave it offer. So yes, it’s almost certainly brinksmanship.

That's like going all in right at the start though. If he calls her bluff and she goes back with another offer, why won't he just think he can do it again and get an even higher one third time around?

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That's like going all in right at the start though. If he calls her bluff and she goes back with another offer, why won't he just think he can do it again and get an even higher one third time around?

We all know he's a gambler the take it or leave might well be genuine & there mightbbe no other offer. We're all in the brown stuff then

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

No it's not.

You're assuming the reports that it's a "take it or leave it" offer are legit, when really, we have no proof of that.

What's most likely is that this £300m official bid is the opening salvo. He might want £400m but that is ludicrously high. PCP are looking closer to £300m, which is still a good price for us. There'll be a back and forth and the final price will be somewhere between the two, if it happens.

Both parties are apparently open to flexibility in terms of payment structure, so making your first bid a "take it or leave it" offer would be a bit fucking counterintuitive, wouldn't it?

Newcastle's stock will never be higher without significant investment, and if Ashley wants to get a decent amount for us, now's the time to sell. 

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

We all know he's a gambler the take it or leave might well be genuine & there mightbbe no other offer. We're all in the brown stuff then

:lol:

Fucking Hell

Just now, The Fish said:

No it's not.

You're assuming the reports that it's a "take it or leave it" offer are legit, when really, we have no proof of that.

What's most likely is that this £300m official bid is the opening salvo. He might want £400m but that is ludicrously high. PCP are looking closer to £300m, which is still a good price for us. There'll be a back and forth and the final price will be somewhere between the two, if it happens.

Both parties are apparently open to flexibility in terms of payment structure, so making your first bid a "take it or leave it" offer would be a bit fucking counterintuitive, wouldn't it?

Newcastle's stock will never be higher without significant investment, and if Ashley wants to get a decent amount for us, now's the time to sell. 

True, if the reports are false, then fine.

But the rest of your post appears to back up the claim that your first line rejects. I agree with you, if you intend the negotiation to keep going then making a take it or leave it offer right off the bat is stupid. That was my point.

Just now, Rayvin said:

True, if the reports are false, then fine.

But the rest of your post appears to back up the claim that your first line rejects. I agree with you, if you intend the negotiation to keep going then making a take it or leave it offer right off the bat is stupid. That was my point.

Aye, but rather than the stupidity of the rumoured move giving you pause to doubt the stupid move has been made at all, you react to the rumoured stupid move.

Just now, The Fish said:

Aye, but rather than the stupidity of the rumoured move giving you pause to doubt the stupid move has been made at all, you react to the rumoured stupid move.

Um... no...

I said it would be a stupid move, same as you. So if I'm 'reacting to it', then you've done the same thing since our position is...the same! :lol: 

The only mitigation on that point is that I consider that the low offer would actually make sense if it was a take it or leave it kind of deal. If it's not, then I would just consider it derisory if I were Ashley.

:lol: We don’t even know what the actual amount of the bid is, yet people are not only pissing their kegs about that but now about some “take it or leave it” claim and Ashley being furious a higher amount than was offered was leaked. All from news agencies that only just found out about a week old bid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: We don’t even know what the actual amount of the bid is, yet people are not only pissing their kegs about that but now about some “take it or leave it” claim and Ashley being furious a higher amount than was offered was leaked. All from news agencies that only just found out about a week old bid. 

I'm not remotely concerned tbh, because I firmly believe this won't happen :lol:

Having said that, what's the harm in a little speculation? :D

Just now, Rayvin said:

I'm not remotely concerned tbh, because I firmly believe this won't happen :lol:

Having said that, what's the harm in a little speculation? :D

Interesting that you felt it was aimed at you :razz:  

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official