Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

On 11/3/2017 at 4:26 AM, Dr Gloom said:

staveley could be brokering the deal for another gulf state, right? 

She was preoccupied?

British businesswoman Amanda Staveley’s $1 billion civil lawsuit against Barclays (BARC.L) will not go to trial before October 2019 to avoid any prejudice to a parallel criminal case, a London court ruled on Wednesday.

Barclays and Britain’s Serious Fraud Office (SFO) on Thursday confirmed the decision after a partly private hearing into whether the Staveley trial, originally listed for next January, should be postponed.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-barclays-staveley-court/financier-staveleys-1-billion-barclays-trial-postponed-to-october-2019-idUKKBN1D92R8

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Is that what Ashley is going to get if he doesn’t sell?

If he doesn't sell up & sod off this time i doubt he'll ever go to be honest the future of the club hinges on this if Ashley stays i can't see Rafa sticking around very long as he knows he'll never get the funding from Ashley to be able to build the team he wants. So in turn if Rafa goes we end up with someone similar to Pardew, McClaren, Carver thats why an awful lot hinges on the club being sold now.

Edited by trooper

Luke Edwards tweet

I’m told #nufc takeover not close to completion, but things chugging along and still moving in right direction. Don’t be despondent but don’t get your hopes up either. Negotiations are delicate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trooper said:

Luke Edwards tweet

I’m told #nufc takeover not close to completion, but things chugging along and still moving in right direction. Don’t be despondent but don’t get your hopes up either. Negotiations are delicate

Practically translates to 'I understand that the takeover may or may not happen, it's delicate'. :lol: Wew, insightful stuff. 

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

How optimistic is everyone about the sale going through "no news is good news" & all that.

As I've said before, I'm confident it'll happen because of the announcement from Ashley, the attendance of Staveley, the caliber of linked suitors, and Benitez' demeanour.

When it'll happen is anyone's guess.

15 minutes ago, trooper said:

How optimistic is everyone about the sale going through "no news is good news" & all that.

It's NUFC. Will believe when it happens and not before. Am currently assuming the worst.

The journalists now seem to be saying that Staveley is the only interested party now.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I mean, I suspected right from the beginning that all this talk about four or five people signing NDA's was bullshit, but I've also worried that Staveley's interest seems a bit too public to be genuine.  I've always felt that if we were to be sold, it would be someone we didn't know about.

I suppose I'm the same as Rayvin in fearing the worst really.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

She was always the only one seriously interested. I'm pretty sure that barring Ashley being a massive cock and refusing to budge in his valuation that we'll be sold by the end of the year.

This is where I am as well. I think the club will be sold, Ashley is a fucking meff and while I’m nervous he will fuck it up I think he really does just want it sold now so might refrain from being his usual self in order to push it through. 

I don’t really believe a word the papers are saying at the minute good or bad as due to the NDA I think they’re all just taking shots in the dark. 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official