Jump to content

Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Luke Edwards article, the bloke wrote a piece about how the bid itself was bullshit because he didn’t understand the Company House filing at the start of this. Not saying it’s not the case and there are others reporting it, I just like to point out what an insufferable helmet that man is. 

It’s strange how he keeps sticking to promote Mauriss as an alternative bidder but isn’t offering any information about him even though a lot of questions about his credibility have been raised.

I am also sceptical about his claim that the period of exclusivity has expired. Normally that kind of period does only cover negotiations but in this case a deal has already been reached and contracts signed. Agreeing to another deal could lead to rather expensive court cases .

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its official #Cans #Jimbo's telly

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I'm at the ground. Staveley just came out and held up Bruce's head. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It’s strange how he keeps sticking to promote Mauriss as an alternative bidder but isn’t offering any information about him even though a lot of questions about his credibility have been raised.

I am also sceptical about his claim that the period of exclusivity has expired. Normally that kind of period does only cover negotiations but in this case a deal has already been reached and contracts signed. Agreeing to another deal could lead to rather expensive court cases .

Agreed, also iirc only one bid can undergo the O&D test at a time so it would make any ‘exclusivity’ fairly meaningless. 
 

I also don’t really understand the “not liking the structure”, as you say it’s been there since day 1 so if this is what they’ve been faffing on with for 4 months that’s a complete disgrace. I also don’t see what difference it makes to the PL who has final say if they’re all involved in the O&D test? Unless Edwards point is that they think the decisions would come from outside the Officers/Directors listed, such as MBS? In which case I think it’s pretty farcical to presume the leader of a country would be making day to day decisions for a relatively small asset in his portfolio, he’d leave that to the trusted members who have been appointed as officers and directors by his investment staff. I also don’t really see how that would actually hold up upon rejection? What would the Saudis even be able to do to answer what would essentially just be an incompetent wanker (Masters) simply not believing them? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Howay said:

Agreed, also iirc only one bid can undergo the O&D test at a time so it would make any ‘exclusivity’ fairly meaningless. 
 

I also don’t really understand the “not liking the structure”, as you say it’s been there since day 1 so if this is what they’ve been faffing on with for 4 months that’s a complete disgrace. I also don’t see what difference it makes to the PL who has final say if they’re all involved in the O&D test? Unless Edwards point is that they think the decisions would come from outside the Officers/Directors listed, such as MBS? In which case I think it’s pretty farcical to presume the leader of a country would be making day to day decisions for a relatively small asset in his portfolio, he’d leave that to the trusted members who have been appointed as officers and directors by his investment staff. I also don’t really see how that would actually hold up upon rejection? What would the Saudis even be able to do to answer what would essentially just be an incompetent wanker (Masters) simply not believing them? 

Even if so, how does it matter? Of course they could say that MBS is a dodgy character but I doubt they have either the stomach to do so as well the evidence to prove it in court in case of an appeal. There is also no possible way for the PL to influence decision processes behind the scenes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Even if so, how does it matter? Of course they could say that MBS is a dodgy character but I doubt they have either the stomach to do so as well the evidence to prove it in court in case of an appeal. There is also no possible way for the PL to influence decision processes behind the scenes.

Agreed, I mean from what I have read about the actual O&D test I don’t see how MBS would fail that anyway (since it’s mostly about having money, not being involved in fraud in football, and never bankrupting a football club before). I’m honestly at the point where I just feel the PL don’t know what to do so are sitting on it and hoping the Saudis pull the plug on the bid. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true. 
 

So are Edwards and Burts (who has written numerous articles about how the deal will be complete “in the coming days”) saying the PL essentially don’t believe the people who are subject to the O&D test are the true Officers and directors? If so then that’s a bizzare and frankly impossible bridge to gap, as the bidders point will be that they are. I also don’t understand what difference it makes to the PL which one of the people subject to the O&D test make the “final” decision, if they all clear the test what difference does it make? I admit I’ve not read the article as I don’t pay for the telegraph, but from the quoted bits I’ve seen it doesn’t make much sense. 

Edited by Howay
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the "end-game" to the successful conclusion of these negotiations.

 

The Premier League are briefing the media in a manner similar to that seen in any high-profile negotiations, for instance where we saw the UK and EU governments briefing en masse about how the Brexit withdrawal deal was close to collapse in the final days before the negotiations' deadline. It puts pressure on the other side for last concessions and makes it look like they have driven a hard bargain on the eventual successful conclusion of the negotiations.

 

The PIF can now make some superficial changes to their decision making structure and it'll be done.

Edited by Burb
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
You’d think we’d be used to it. 

The truly disgraceful thing is that it’s dragged on for so long, every cunt with an opinion has been got plenty of media attention.  It should all have been sorted within a month.

 

I suspect the PL legal team consists of a bloke called Tarquin who commutes from Bucks every day, takes 2 hour lunch breaks and leaves early to take his daughter to gymkhana. He checks the fax machine once a week, sends everything on to Freshfields for sign off and can only be reached from the generalenquiries@pl.com mailbox. He can’t make a fucking decision but he knows how to pair wine and cheese.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Could this not simply be that the PL has tried to stick all of the issues surrounding the takeover on SA as a state (and therefore their leader), and the bid has resisted the notion that he's actually involved personally. This could be the very argument that we predicted would happen ages back. And if the PL is "requesting clarity" then it suggests that they're looking for an ownership structure that doesn't involve him directly in any way. That shouldn't be difficult at all, one would think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Howay said:

Agreed, I mean from what I have read about the actual O&D test I don’t see how MBS would fail that anyway (since it’s mostly about having money, not being involved in fraud in football, and never bankrupting a football club before). I’m honestly at the point where I just feel the PL don’t know what to do so are sitting on it and hoping the Saudis pull the plug on the bid. 

 

Aye I think I said as much months ago

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Isegrim said:

If they are rejecting it on the basis of this they are cunts of the highest order. Not just because of the decision but if those were the reasons they could have rejected the takeover 15 weeks ago. Instead they have put the club in the worst possible limbo while most other clubs were able to “plan” for next season.

This!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Could this not simply be that the PL has tried to stick all of the issues surrounding the takeover on SA as a state (and therefore their leader), and the bid has resisted the notion that he's actually involved personally. This could be the very argument that we predicted would happen ages back. And if the PL is "requesting clarity" then it suggests that they're looking for an ownership structure that doesn't involve him directly in any way. That shouldn't be difficult at all, one would think.

In an autocratic system it does seem impossible tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think Im more interested in seeing all the jackasses held responsible for this farce than the actual takeover itself. The 350M can go towards dragging Masters and his cunt of a team through the courts. Fuck football I say.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kitman said:

Seems to me the PL are quite happy normally to sign off on crooks, gangsters, conmen, embezzlers and sweat shop owners. I wouldn’t be surprised if the saudis sue the wankers now.

Aye, Chelsea are owned by a man who was literally banned from entering the country, City are owned by a state with countless human rights issues, Wolves are owned by a Chinese company which puts them directly under the control of the Chinese government, Sheffield United are owned by a Saudi Prince, Spurs owned by a tax exile, Man Utd owned by a family who forced the club to repay their debt but suddenly when we're to be bought over that's where they draw the line?

Do they think that MBS is going to instruct the first team squad to go on a preseason bombing tour of Yemen? It's a fucking joke.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tom said:

Imagine being the guy who has to tell the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia he isn’t a “fit and proper person”.

Probably why Masters has been pissing his knickers for 4 months.

I think the bigger issue is him having to (and possibly not being able to) justify it in line with the so-called PL test. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...