Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've spent many a workday researching CHAPS.

I don’t know Callum.  But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now? Fuck off

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.   We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skin

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I don’t think they are thick at all. They cleverly bend the regulations to not come up with a decision that coukd get legally scrutinised. It was all about delaying the process to create frustration. That’s why they only started offering the dubious solution of arbitration when the sale agreement had aleady expired after about eight weeks, twice as long as the normal duration of the test.

They haven‘t changed their tactics so far and obviously stuck to moving goal posts. And when everything does seem very n place they go back to square one as they obviously did last week.

I was talking via Twitter DM with a very respectable journalist (out of politeness I won't say his name, although I'm sure I could ask to reveal it if required), and he thinks that there are strong disagreements within the Premier League about whether they actually want the takeover to go through or not, which has led to very mixed messages being communicated to NUFC and the buying consortum.

On another note, an opinion I keep reading on Twitter is that Blackstone Chambers wouldn't have agreed to take on Ashley's forthcoming case against the Premier League unless they were sure they had a very strong argument; in your opinion, Isegrim, how much logic is there to this theory?

17 minutes ago, Burb said:

I was talking via Twitter DM with a very respectable journalist (out of politeness I won't say his name, although I'm sure I could ask to reveal it if required), and he thinks that there are strong disagreements within the Premier League about whether they actually want the takeover to go through or not, which has led to very mixed messages being communicated to NUFC and the buying consortum.

On another note, an opinion I keep reading on Twitter is that Blackstone Chambers wouldn't have agreed to take on Ashley's forthcoming case against the Premier League unless they were sure they had a very strong argument; in your opinion, Isegrim, how much logic is there to this theory?

I think the fact that Bush is leaving is no coincidence

26 minutes ago, Burb said:

I think they would have taken on the case nevertheless because it is good money but I doubt they would have gone to the public straight away braggiing about it.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

I woukd have respect for this journalist if he was writing something about the divisions in the PL about wanting the takeover to happen.

Well he says that it's "partly supposition", which probably isn't enough to publish such an accusation, particularly given his outlet's whole shtick is quality.

On 9/15/2020 at 20:42, Isegrim said:

I think they would have taken on the case nevertheless because it is good money but I doubt they would have gone to the public straight away braggiing about it.

Unless they believe there's a way to a win I doubt it ??, surely they won't like losing as it'd be bad PR.

2 hours ago, Carl said:

Is this very very good or very very bad.

I doubt Ashley has suddenly called his dogs off, having spent months preparing these legal steps.

Either the Premier League have reached out with some kind of olive branch or (most likely) some administrator at Blackstone Chambers sat on the wrong part of their keyboard.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure I'm all that pleased that the barrister that's supposed to be working on the clubs behalf is playing silly beggar's on social media. That is unless this all really adds up to a concrete break through. Even then it seems like a less than serious thing to do for a reportedly elite barrister.

Edit. Not that I'm trying to piss in anybodies cornflakes, it just seems like a weird thing to do regardless of the circumstances. I'm as desperate for the club to be sold as anyone.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1