Jump to content
Park Life

Christmas 2017

Recommended Posts

I've a few Christmas traditions;

 

I only wrap presents drunk, early on Christmas morning.

 

Quietly telling my Dad that next year, if they want to get me anything (which they needn't), they should just get me one gift off my Amazon list or something. works out cheaper and makes more sense than the pile of stuff I don't want/need that will just take up space until I throw it out during a house move.

 

My sister getting in a huff because no one wants to play a boardgame and me finding the whole awkwardness hilarious.

 

Dad shooting me a entreating look after a racist elderly relative says something wildly offensive. 

 

Mam making more puddings than any one family could possibly get through. And offering cakes/biscuits/treats every half hour, like the feeder she is.

 

The guilt trip just as I'm leaving because I don't visit enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously he's a stupid fucking cunt who no one in their right mind would listen to but what's he hoping for? Enough people boycott Gregg's so that it leads to job cuts. There's the Xmas spirit / message of Jesus for you right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Obviously he's a stupid fucking cunt who no one in their right mind would listen to but what's he hoping for? Enough people boycott Gregg's so that it leads to job cuts. There's the Xmas spirit / message of Jesus for you right there.

 

Looks like he's hoping to either see Islam get the same treatment, which would quite possibly lead to fatalities, or for Christianity to be protected, which not a kick in the arse off censorship.

 

Either way, I now want a steak bake...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it's considerably less insulting than expecting someone to believe a wafer literally becomes his body after you eat it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Surely it's considerably less insulting than expecting someone to believe a wafer literally becomes his body after you eat it.

It's the transformation in the mass that makes it his body. 

 

I still think this idea is the most bat shit crazy religious tenet of them all which is some feat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Surely it's considerably less insulting than expecting someone to believe a wafer literally becomes his body after you eat it.

The weird thing is, Catholics don't even believe it turns to flesh after you eat it, it does so during transubstantiation, on the altar.

 

I remember having an argument with my religious aunty about it, obviously pointing out it looked and tasted a lot more like wafer to me than an uncooked chunk of human flesh. She was having none of it. I mean, what type of mentality is that?

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Renton said:

The weird thing is, Catholics don't even believe it turns to flesh after you eat it, it does so during transubstantiation, on the altar.

 

I remember having an argument with my religious aunty about it, obviously pointing out it looked and tasted a lot more like wafer to me than an uncooked chunk of human flesh. She was having none of it. I mean, what type of mentality is that?

:lol:

 

You can start to excuse it by saying the body and blood thing is a metaphor but then you realise it 100% isn't and is in fact the central belief in the entire religion. 

 

Then you realise it's links to primative  human sacrifice which weirds it up another notch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Parky obviously needing something to cheer him up while looking forward to potato salad and sausages at Christmas Eve.

She's more into the Kassler mate.

Edited by Park Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Park Life said:

Hopes, rituals, fears, food, families, prezzies and moans?

 

 

1, we don't get beat over the christmas period

2, A joke present off my sister

3, ill health 

4, Lots of food, a lot of it from Marks and Spencer ( instead of Aldi )

5, A small get together one day of the holiday period ( not boxing day )

6, usual crap

7, Christmas hype weeks and weeks before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×