Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Going to go and watch The Last King Of Scotland in a minute, everything I've heard about it is good, Forest for an Oscar apparently, hope it lives up to the hype.

Sadly no. :lol:

Don't get me wrong it's pretty good, well made, Forest is good, but not on screen enough - it's basically a supporting role - and the standard of acting is pretty high all round. But, there's very little background, meaning you don't come out knowing much more about Idi Amin than you did before you went in and the central character is basically a self-centred wanker, so you don't really give a shit what happens to him.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more issues I have with it, considering it's fiction - the main character is apparently an amalgam of a number of people - a few of the story lines are just left hanging with just a kind of half hearted attempt to tie them up at the end.

Altogether, it's not bad, but I was expecting to be blown away and it simply didn't deliver on that at all.

6.1/10

Yep, I agree.

Forest just won the GG for best drama actor. He deserves it.

Yeah, I like him too and he is good in this, but he's being a good Idi Amin in a so-so film. I've been thinking about it and that's what was wrong for me: the storyline is weak, there's no getting away from it.

Yeah, I like him too and he is good in this, but he's being a good Idi Amin in a so-so film. I've been thinking about it and that's what was wrong for me: the storyline is weak, there's no getting away from it.

Haven't seen it, but I've liked Forrest for a long time.

Babel wins....Poor film.

Babel wins....Poor film.

Weren't the GGs yesterday? (Monday)

Babel wins....Poor film.

No idea watching in German...Understand about half of what the dubbed over people say. :lol:

Babel wins....Poor film.

No idea watching in German...Understand about half of what the dubbed over people say. :lol:

Yeah, they were yesterday. Here's who won what if you're interested:

http://www.hfpa.org/nominations/index.html

Babel wins....Poor film.

Yeah, they were yesterday. Here's who won what if you're interested:

http://www.hfpa.org/nominations/index.html

Cheers fella.

Hugh Laurie won - huzzah!

Hhmmmm, I've just started watching the first series of House and have to say its getting a bit repetitive.

Start.

Shot of patient outside hospital.

Patient arrives with a trivial complaint, House realises its something major and obscure.

Patient is either misdiagnosed or treated without any evidence of the illness.

Patient gets better then suddenly worse.

Team scratch their head.

(Optional scene) House gets a brilliant idea from a seeming unrelated issue in the clinic.

House saves the day and diagnoses the patient with something that has only ever been reported twice ever.

End.

And throw in some shite personal issue and/or House complaining about clinic duty.

After all the hype its got it would need to get much better very quickly. :lol:

Hugh Laurie won - huzzah!

Hhmmmm, I've just started watching the first series of House and have to say its getting a bit repetitive.

Start.

Shot of patient outside hospital.

Patient arrives with a trivial complaint, House realises its something major and obscure.

Patient is either misdiagnosed or treated without any evidence of the illness.

Patient gets better then suddenly worse.

Team scratch their head.

(Optional scene) House gets a brilliant idea from a seeming unrelated issue in the clinic.

House saves the day and diagnoses the patient with something that has only ever been reported twice ever.

End.

And throw in some shite personal issue and/or House complaining about clinic duty.

After all the hype its got it would need to get much better very quickly. :lol:

Although I do like it that's pretty much it for all the series.

How Hugh Laurie can win best actor with that appalling American accent is beyond me. It's like Dick Van Dyke winning a BAFTA for Mary Poppins.

I thought it was alright myself, if I didn't know who he was I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

Natural Born Killers.

I didn't really like this at first because I though Stone had botched Tarrantino's screenplay. But now I realize he just changed the emphasis to make it more of a satire, something akin to a 90's Dr Strangelove.

Aside from sometimes hamming home the message a bit too much (like having Too Much TV lit up accross Mickey's chest), Stone does a great job. The acting is also very good with Tommy Lee Jones, Tom Sizemore & Robert Dowey Jr all excellent with their over acting.

How Hugh Laurie can win best actor with that appalling American accent is beyond me. It's like Dick Van Dyke winning a BAFTA for Mary Poppins.

Quoted for truth, it is utterly terrible, just like the show.

The Business and Wonderland arrived today.

Question: Are either of them any good, and which should I watch now?

The consensus on them both was pretty poor iirc. Not seen either though.

Aye that's what I thought. Fuck knows why I keep putting shite on my list. :rolleyes:

Have started Wonderland anyway....will report back.