Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Aye Open Range is very good.

Watched Battle Royale last night and really enjoyed it. The plot was ridiculous and full of holes but the writer/director handled it really well and it never felt stupid like it could have. The action was impressive and the main characters were really good.

I see the sequal is on next week and was going to ask if it's worth watching but I see that question has already been answered.

Unforgiven

What a film, a long long time since I'd last saw this. Eastwood plays Munny who throughout the film time after time makes reference to the fact how he is indeed a changed man and "ain't like that any more", the love of his wife being the thing that incidentally changed him, now he's the one struggling to looking after the children on his farm due to his wife's untimely death.

It is only in fact circumstance drawing both him and Freeman back to their old ways. This is unlike the comparison with their young counterpart who is only in it for the fame and glory but who becomes visibly shaken when he ends up committing his first murder and quickly renounces the lifestyle.

Hackman is absolutely fantastic in this as well, he is the quintessence of all the hard bastard law officer types who have ever walked the face of the earth, stretching the bounds of the law to justify his actions to those who choose the criminal lifestyle.

Of course the transformation at the end of the film of Munny was what we were all waiting for and wondering how a man who during the majority of the film had appeared so frail would eventually snap and become the man of old. By the end of the film nothing matters to him anymore after the death of his old friend, he's after only one thing and it's revenge. Then of course he delivers one of my favourite movie lines of all time when replying to Hackman.

"Well, he should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend"

Wow, you're such a serious movie critic. :blink: Where did you c+p chunks of that from? :rolleyes:

Beast Cops

Not about the Middlesbrough constabulary, but a recent Hong Kong Classic. Not much to set it apart from all the other Hong Kong triad films except Alan Shearer making an appearance. I wonder if he knows he's in it.

Wonderland was alright btw. Don't know whether his (Holmes') wife is telling the truth in what she claims, but if she is then he was involved in and carried out at least one of the murders. Kilmer is pretty good at playing fuckups.

Jungle Fever - one of the few Spike Lee films I hadn't seen. Thought it was class with some great performances from some great actors. And who wouldn't be tempted by Annabella Sciorra? :lol:

The ending though?

Edited by alex

Watched most of The Business but fell asleep towards the end. Will watch the end tonight, but honestly couldn't give a shite what happens to them. It wasn't very good. Danny Dyer is a bellend.

Not even a one trick pony. More like a half trick pony.

Or perhaps, just pony?

Watched most of The Business but fell asleep towards the end. Will watch the end tonight, but honestly couldn't give a shite what happens to them. It wasn't very good. Danny Dyer is a bellend.

struck me it's just trying to cash in on the recent popularity of 80's guff.

I blame Peter Kay