Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

It's awesome :D

It really surprised me. Wasn't expecting anything at all from it. Spent most of the film trying to work out who voiced Minion. Obvious when you know I guess, but I just couldn't think of David Cross at all.

Chronicle - really slow first 20 minutes but grew to get really involved in story and characters. Not a huge fan of 'super hero' films but this definitely felt like it had something valid to add to the discussion as a whole. No spoilers, but it's more intriguing than the generic good vs evil that is often dished up in these sorts of films. It's pretty dark and lo fi/b-movie, but the action scenes retain a good veneer of production. Definitely worth a watch. 6.5/7 out of 10.

First cinema trip in ages so I'm a bit behind...

Looper - it's good but everyone I know seems to think it's the most amazing thing ever - which it isn't. Basically Terminator with a couple of extra twists.

Ruby Sparks - enjoyable. If you're into those quirky American indie films then it'll be right up your street.

Skyfall - It's a decent Bond film. nice nods to older stuff, some blatant, some more subtle. Couple of pointless scenes and few plotholes, but it's a bloody Bond film. It's not supposed to be anything more than what it is.

Apollo 13.

Brilliant as ever.

Amusement when I made some reference to Mrs LL about the flight going tits up being yet more confirmation that Bill Paxton is The Unluckiest Man In Cinema (killed by Predator/Alien/Terminator, doesn't find Titanic diamond, touches up government agent's bird in True Lies etc), she chastised me for "giving the end away". Further questioning revealed she was unaware that the film was based on true events, and although she was familiar with the immortal line "Houston we have a problem" she thought it just came from the film. The end would have been a nice surprise for her, had she kept awake. gah.

Reminiscent of an ex bursting into tears at the end of United 93 because she thought they were going to make it. The stupid cow.

Apollo 13.

Brilliant as ever.

Amusement when I made some reference to Mrs LL about the flight going tits up being yet more confirmation that Bill Paxton is The Unluckiest Man In Cinema (killed by Predator/Alien/Terminator, doesn't find Titanic diamond, touches up government agent's bird in True Lies etc), she chastised me for "giving the end away". Further questioning revealed she was unaware that the film was based on true events, and although she was familiar with the immortal line "Houston we have a problem" she thought it just came from the film. The end would have been a nice surprise for her, had she kept awake. gah.

Reminiscent of an ex bursting into tears at the end of United 93 because she thought they were going to make it. The stupid cow.

:lol:

Marley

Could always take or leave him, but its a brilliant docco with an (obviously) brilliant soundtrack. 2 hours flew by.

I really didn't enjoy it, I thought a lot of it was contrived and I wasn't really moved. The lass I watched it with was weeping at the end mind, but any girl watching a Dog die seems to go that way. :dunno:

I really didn't enjoy it, I thought a lot of it was contrived and I wasn't really moved. The lass I watched it with was weeping at the end mind, but any girl watching a Dog die seems to go that way. :dunno:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marley_(film) ;)

It won't change the close bracket to be part of the link but you get the point

Edited by CleeToonFan