Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I twigged that

Kevin Spacey

was Keyser Soze 20 mins before the end but otherwise escaped spoilers! :D

Benicio Del Toro was great.

First time I watched it I got that about half an hour in. But then I changed my mind to pretty much all of the other character over the rest of the film. I don't think you can really know for sure at any point until the reveal.

On the Town

Top notch

...no I'm not turning into a woman. Classic Hollywood musicals are fun no matter what your orientation.

I particularly liked the bit where they dressed up as Africans and dragged their women around by the hair. Reminded me of my granny in law who last week joked that because she's eaten a chinese and followed it with rice pudding that her eyes would be going slitty at this rate.

Harmless old school racism, the best kind.

On the Town

Top notch

...no I'm not turning into a woman. Classic Hollywood musicals are fun no matter what your orientation.

Thats how my habit started :(

One minute Im watching singing in the rain and the Al Johnson story. I thought I was in control and that I could stop at any time.

Id heard all the rumours about it being a slippy road to the hard stuff but didnt believe it. Yet here I am only a few years later.... Hairspray, Mama Mia, even the odd high street musical when Im out of control.

Get help.

Poppins is over-long imo - too much banks and Banks - but obviously the main setups are classics and rightly so.

The one time I watched Mamma Mia I felt genuine embarrassment for everyone involved. Can you imagine being at one of those cinema screenings where people supposedly danced and sang in the aisles? There's a fine case for mass human culling right there.

Poppins is over-long imo - too much banks and Banks - but obviously the main setups are classics and rightly so.

The one time I watched Mamma Mia I felt genuine embarrassment for everyone involved. Can you imagine being at one of those cinema screenings where people supposedly danced and sang in the aisles? There's a fine case for mass human culling right there.

That's the second time since christmas someone has told me they don't like the bank visits. I love the somber mood that descends though. That instrumental that plays as he goes to the bank for the sack is lush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7DWVc1l8w

Ten Minutes 30 seconds

:cry:

Did you know the Banks son on Mary Poppins died really young? Went travelling and came back with some exotic bug iirc.

I always find myself morbidly IMDBing when there's old films on to see what became of the actors.

Did you know the Banks son on Mary Poppins died really young? Went travelling and came back with some exotic bug iirc.

I always find myself morbidly IMDBing when there's old films on to see what became of the actors.

Me Too. :lol:

Worst one was finding out the Father and Daughter in Fly Away Home, have a sex scene together in another film some years later!

265420_det.jpg

Porky's.

We used to watch it a lot when we were kids and I have to say, still funny.

I am also a IMDB morbid bastard, and one of the original Porky's gang killed himself last year as he had terminal cancer. Sigh.

Was Porkys the one where the female gym instructor was nick named Lassie because she howled during sex? :lol:

Hepatitis his family denied any connection to drugs claimed it was bad meat.

Was Porkys the one where the female gym instructor was nick named Lassie because she howled during sex? :lol:

:lol: Aye, that's the one. Randomly, it's Kim Cattrall in an early role.

If no-one has ever seen it, it's worth watching it just for the shower scene and then the aftermath in the principles office straight after.

Kim Catrell in her hotter days. Not quite as gorgeous as she was in Mannequin, Police Academy or Big Trouble In Little China but then she didn't get her cat out in those films :wank:

i can't abide musicals. annoyingly i have a wife that loves them. she feels the same about horror movies so we only ever watch either genre alone.

I don't really care much for either genre, with a small handful of exceptions in each case. Not sure if this makes me a bloke or a lass or both.

Porky's.

We used to watch it a lot when we were kids and I have to say, still funny.

I am also a IMDB morbid bastard, and one of the original Porky's gang killed himself last year as he had terminal cancer. Sigh.

Has anyone seen Mike Hathword?

Strangely I picked out at random two films that were about pretty much the same subject matter but tackled in very different ways. I knew pretty much nothing about either of them except that they were classed as sci fi. The first was The Island which was pretty shit (Michael Bay so who would have thought!) standard sci fi fare with Ewan McGreggor (sporting a wank american accent) and Scarlet Johansen (looking as hot as I've ever seen her) finding out that they are clones that have been secretly grown for organ donation by Ned Stark and getting chased across the country.

The second was Never Let Me Go which the ex had asked me to get but then was never in the mood to watch. I never knew why until I put it on a watched the depressing and slow moving tale of Keira Nightly, Carey Mulligan and Spiderman also being clones grown for organ donation. I has to be said that this is a much better film, far more intelligent and moving but god is it dull. I fell asleep after a hour the first time I tried to watch it and only watched the rest so that I could delete it off my computer and make space. As bad as I feel for admitting it, The Island is a much better watch but really it was shit and I'll be deleting that too as soon as I can be arsed.

I also watched The Bourne Legacy and Skyfall over the weekend. I actually liked Bourne more which I was surprised about given the poor reviews it got but they were both enjoyable.

I saved the best for last though when I watched Ted. Again the reviews were nothing special so my expectations weren't high but I found this really funny. The party with Sam Jones was excellent as was the thunder song. I can never make my mind up whether I think Marky Mark is a shite actor or a good one but I definitely enjoyed him in this. Funniest film I've watched in ages.

Edited by David Kelly