Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Robot and Frank. Canny easy to watch film. Old bloke who has a bit of memory loss gets given a robot by his son to help him and he slowly warms to the idea.

Robot and Frank. Canny easy to watch film. Old bloke who has a bit of memory loss gets given a robot by his son to help him and he slowly warms to the idea.

Roomba and Gemmill.

Bionic bloke gets a robot to Hoover his garage. It ends up teaching him how to be a better man and stand-up wipe.

Life of Pi - okay but ending was a bit too happy (Yes I know it was obvious from the start he survived).

I don't know where I got the idea from but I thought the tiger started talking and I kept waiting for that to happen :)

Also just to add if Depardieu thinks 30 seconds of "work" justifies his tax stance he can fuck right off.

Edited by NJS

fuck me..... $5m in punitive damages for an unmeasurable amount of stupidity.

Compliance is not the right title for this movie like.

edit> the girl was going to be going to attending med school??

Pre med according to the Wikipedia article. In the US Medicine is a postgraduate degree. Not that it makes this case any less tragic obviously. She only recieved $1.1 million following appeal/settlement.

Wife's trying to persuade me to watch pitch perfect. It's got decent reviews tbf but I'm a little concerned it'll be like a feature length version of glee. Can anyone recommend it or confirm my fears?

Wife's trying to persuade me to watch pitch perfect. It's got decent reviews tbf but I'm a little concerned it'll be like a feature length version of glee. Can anyone recommend it or confirm my fears?

CT loved it. Let's just leave it at that.

Watching this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nyz3p

100 years of bfi footage of British coastal areas. No story or owt. Just short reels edited together. All jolly japes and then small reminders of massive events like the wars and the suffragette movement.

Lush soundtrack too.

Finished and could not recommend it highly enough. Turns out the soundtrack was by British sea power.

I've been lapping up everything I can by Adam Curtis. Been working through his series backwards chronologically, it's all on youtube. The first docco of his which I can't find though is one that perks my interest more than any other....

40 Minutes: The Kingdom of Fun
(1989)

Documentary about the Metro Centre in Gateshead, developed by entrepreneur John Hall. The programme compares John Hall's plans to regenerate the North East, with those of T. Dan Smith.

Anyone seen it or know where I can find it? Wondering if it was just a straight up news report before he got into his polemic stride.

Trance - entertaining enough, would have been better if I hadn't heard an interview with Danny Boyle where he pretty much gave away the ending. Rosario Dawson gets naked.

Dark Skies - basically Paranormal Activity meets X-Files. Nothing new to see here and nothing you haven't seen better elsewhere.

Spring Breakers - absolute total and utter shit. A music video idea dragged out for two hours with added teen angst. May appeal to the Skins crowd but I hated it (as I do Skins)

Haywire. Bit of a ridiculous cast (in terms of big names) for an appallingly bad film. The main star is an ex mma fighter (the only non famous person in it really), so expected lots of fight scenes, but really they were few and far between and the directing/editing of them was pretty poor. Avoid like the plague.