Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I have a thing where I feel terrible for people that are in the pictures by themselves. But it doesn't make any sense - if anything, going to the cinema by yourself makes more sense than going with someone else.

Is having your lunch at the cinema and going to see a film on your own, in the daytime a bit. ....

Aah never mind ;)

That's exactly what I did today. :blush2: And I don't have the excuse of working night shifts either.

I enjoy watching films during the day when the cinema is nigh-on empty. Local one is a Picturehouse, so I can get a decent lunch and a drink, kick off the shoes and sit in silent comfort while totally immersed in the movie.

Try that at home and I'm bothered by deliveries, my phone, the internet, the world.

In fact you've got me fancying a movie day tomorrow :good:

These are my options...

Arbitrage [15]

Argo [15]

Flight [15]

I Give It A Year [15]

Life Of Pi 3D [PG]

Lincoln [12A]

Song For Marion [PG]

Stoker [18]

Is that out now? I saw it months ago. Pretty average thriller. One for dvd rather than the pictures.

Didn't see this till after, I ended up watching Life of Pi. It's pretty, but the book is much, much better. Left feeling that I'd passed time, rather than filled it.

I bought the box set of the first two off Happy Face a few years for the little un and they were on none stop. Ended up getting them all on blu ray now.

Sorry to say having sold it to you, but that was a shite DVD :D The films were great and the volume of extras outstanding but it annoys me on ALL Disney DVD's that they are ridiculously bloated with adverts you can't skip and menus that take about 4 minutes to navigate between.

Sorry to say having sold it to you, but that was a shite DVD :D The films were great and the volume of extras outstanding but it annoys me on ALL Disney DVD's that they are ridiculously bloated with adverts you can't skip and menus that take about 4 minutes to navigate between.

Aye your right like. But at the age the bairn was then they didn't last too long anyway :D

There's still a lot of the other things I got from you that I haven't watched yet tbh. I started to watch Akira but fell asleep and I've not managed to get started on Das Boot or La Dolce Vita yet. Watched the first Pusher film and I really enjoyed that. I should get round to the other two but I've been off subtitles for a while now.

Try when the first preview comes on the screen, press STOP, STOP, PLAY.

If that doesn’t work, try pressing: STOP, STOP, STOP, PLAY.

Zero Dark Thirty - Switched it off half way through, just as I did with The Hurt Locker.

Why?

I thought it was a well crafted thriller but had massive problems with it conceptually. Didn't particularly add anything I didn't know or would have guessed, or seem to comment on the rights/wrongs of the methods they used. I thought the footage from 9/11 and London was needless and manipulative.

I thought Zero Dark Thirty was nothing to write home about at all. Really lacked in the character development side of things. Can't believe it was hyped up for an Oscar.

It was pleasing that the voters eventually agreed with the political press rather than the Hollywood press and it went from being the strongest contender to a bit of a taboo come Oscar night.

I have a thing where I feel terrible for people that are in the pictures by themselves. But it doesn't make any sense - if anything, going to the cinema by yourself makes more sense than going with someone else.

Exactly the same as me. I have only ever been to the cinema once when I was in Dubai. I had hours to wait for a flight and my mate I was staying with was at work.

Very lucky that Leeds has two independent cinemas. Made a conscious decision to just stick to them. Fed up with multiplexes, their exorbitant prices and packs of wankers. Limits my choices a bit though. You get a fair amount of people seeing films on their own in there, plus they're just nicer places. So I'm more comfortable with the idea of seeing a film alone, particularly if the girlfriend is away (not seen a film with anyone else in nearly a year).