Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Zootropolis

America. Enjoyed it. Good message. kid started getting bored and playing other stuff half way through.

Ponyo

Japan. Enjoyed it. Batshit weird. Kid sat through it from start to finish laughing and crying at all the right bits.

Song of The Sea

Ireland. Enjoyed it. Bit morbid. Kid sat through it all and cried at all the right bits, including the ma dying quicker than Bambi's.

• 3 weeks later...

The Neon Demon - Ok for about an hour with lush photography and scintillating synth pop/mood palettes. But then it went ridiculous with very forced and cod closure. NWR is finished. Another one on the trash heap. Hooray!

Edited by Park Life

Project X. Mindless rubbish about a teenager's house party that gets out hand, which I kind of enjoyed, despite one of the lead characters being annoying and humourless.

:lol:

Anyone know what any of this means?

Nic Winding Refn (NWR) directed it. He's brilliiant. First films were the Pusher trilogy everyone on here loved.

It's equally as important to be the first to spot a talent and to declare them as a spent force, so Parky's getting in there quick with the latter :D

Don't worry, there'll be an inglorious bastards clip incoming to clear it all up!

I can't clear it up cause you wouldn't understand the clear up. Then I'd have to spend time explaining it all by which time I'd wish I hadn't started it. ;)

I bought the fucking DVD the muppet I am. Thought MrsP might like it.....Fell asleep after half an hour.

Thought Bobby George was good in it

Murder In The Park. Documentary about a guy wrongly (or rightly) put on death row for murdering a you couple in a park (oddly enough) in 82. Really interesting story in itself and also compared to the cases of Steven Avery and The West Memphis Three.

Saw the new Ghostbusters at the weekend, I know the internet has declared it shit, but I thought it was excellent, if you can't love a Ghostbusters movie then you must be dead inside.

I hate the idea that they decided they wanted to make a Ghostbusters film with a female cast. It just seems unessesary to think of film making in that way. I also can't really stand the main lass they've picked so I really have no interest in watching it.

I hate the idea that they decided they wanted to make a Ghostbusters film with a female cast. It just seems unessesary to think of film making in that way. I also can't really stand the main lass they've picked so I really have no interest in watching it.

My first reaction to the news that they were remaking it with a female cast wasn't very positive, but having seen it I honestly think they did the right thing, I think if they had done a reboot with a male cast you'd have been constantly comparing the new cast with the old cast, I'm not sure a new male cast could compete with the original line up at all.

Instead I just enjoyed the movie for what it was, there were some awesome subtle nods to the original movie and the cameo appearances of the original cast were excellent.

I'm glad I made my own mind up about seeing it....

The latter bit makes sense to me, but I don't understand the first bit. I couldn't give a toss what gender the Ghostbusters are, as long as it's funny. Which, unfortunately it sounds like it isn't.

I was about to watch Ghostbusters yesterday but then looked on imdb.....4.9. Ouch.

So instead we watched Now You See Me 2 - which should have been given the same score.

Bear in mind Ghostbusters will be getting panned by 40yr old virgins before they see it, terrified that it's going to ruin their childhood... somehow. (and to be fair it's not been well received by critics I respect too).

(not saying DK is one of the virgin btw)

Edited by The Fish

The latter bit makes sense to me, but I don't understand the first bit. I couldn't give a toss what gender the Ghostbusters are, as long as it's funny. Which, unfortunately it sounds like it isn't.

Bear in mind Ghostbusters will be getting panned by 40yr old virgins before they see it, terrified that it's going to ruin their childhood... somehow. (and to be fair it's not been well received by critics I respect too).

(not saying DK is one of the virgin btw)

Just one of the 40 yr olds!

My point is exactly what you're saying. It shouldn't matter what gender they are. But they made a conscious decision to make a female led film. I just don't like that sort of thing. If they were just writing a script and it just evolved into something that fit a female cast then fine. But from what I've read, the film makers decided in advance. That sort of thing just doesn't lead to good films imo. And then the specific choice of actresses just makes it worse for me.

Of course it's a completely separate thing to the original so whether it's any good or not will have no more impact on my feelings towards the original than Jaws The Revenge did.