Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Babel

Mixture of stories, one involving a deaf and dumb jap girl with a penchant for getting her clunge out.

70% of it in foreign langages with no subtitles. Pretentiousness gone mad or just a dodgy rip?

Anyone else seen this?

Babel

Mixture of stories, one involving a deaf and dumb jap girl with a penchant for getting her clunge out.

70% of it in foreign langages with no subtitles. Pretentiousness gone mad or just a dodgy rip?

Anyone else seen this?

Aye. Me and Parky thought it was shit. Chez thought it was good.

Mrs hips wanted to see Australia. I took her to see it this afternoon, but warned her that it had been panned by the critics.

I'm sure most of you remember Pearl Harbor? It is as bad as that. Utter shite.

:unsure:

Mrs hips wanted to see Australia. I took her to see it this afternoon, but warned her that it had been panned by the critics.

But does your lass remember pearl necklace though?

Klute - 8/10 Cracking 70's thriller that shows how to use sex in a story far better than Basic Instinct ever could. Can't really get away with Jane Fonda though.

The Fly - 7/10 Never seen this before and it's good but fucking manky.

Buffalo 66 - 6/10 Weird film that I couldn't really see what the point of was but some cracking bits with Ben Gazara and Angelica Huston.

I watched Transformers last night.

Despite considering myself a semi-serious film watcher from time to time (though not on the same planet as Happy Face etc), I'm perfectly willing to switch my brain off for 2 hours if a film warrants it.

This didn't. It was shit.

Kung Fu Panda - A let down. A few chuckles but nothing to bring about an audible laugh.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - A really, really good laugh. I enjoyed it immensely, especially the sequence on the island where Captain Jack is about to be eaten and the one where they unearth the chest and fight over it in that water wheel rolling forever. It's great fun throughoutl despite it being a sketch show sequence of arbitrary tasks entirely unrelated to one another that end abruptly before arse ache sets in. The less said about the acting the better and the director still thinks he's doing TV ads, but the score and the effects are fantastic. Looking forward to part 3 now.

Worse and at 150 million it is another example of how throwing truck loads of money at a film won't guarantee it is any good.

Watched the Dark Knight last night and *shrugs*

Batman returns was better.

Alvin And The Chipmunks - 5/10 not nearly as bad as I would have thought and CG chipmunks are actually really well done.

Employee Of The Month - 3/10 nearly so bad it's good but in the end just so bad it's bad.

Judgement At Nuremberg - 9/10 Brilliant film with an absolutelty stellar cast. Don't know how historically acurate it is but I really don't care.

Tell No One - 9/10 Oustanding French thriller/love story. Both elements of the film work perfectly. One of the best new films I've watched in a long time (new as in the first time I've seen as I know this is a couple of years old).

Tell No One - 9/10 Oustanding French thriller/love story. Both elements of the film work perfectly. One of the best new films I've watched in a long time (new as in the first time I've seen as I know this is a couple of years old)

I saw that in cinemas over here. I have a big problem with that movie: the ending. The film is an utter beauty all the way until the "explanation" scene that felt like a big anticlimactic let down.

Some brilliant use of music too.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - A really, really good laugh. I enjoyed it immensely, especially the sequence on the island where Captain Jack is about to be eaten and the one where they unearth the chest and fight over it in that water wheel rolling forever. It's great fun throughoutl despite it being a sketch show sequence of arbitrary tasks entirely unrelated to one another that end abruptly before arse ache sets in. The less said about the acting the better and the director still thinks he's doing TV ads, but the score and the effects are fantastic. Looking forward to part 3 now.

And to think you're considered some kind of authority on films here. Jesus wept.

And to think you're considered some kind of authority on films here. Jesus wept.

My position isn't self-appointed. :(

My position isn't self-appointed. :)

I don't see anyone else posting 'films to watch this month' pieces. :(

My position isn't self-appointed. :)

I don't see anyone else posting 'films to watch this month' pieces. :(

Week man, week. You should join in the thread. I've been waiting years to hear recommendations.