Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I think almost all films are kack, but the King's Speech is fucking brilliant. Several outstanding performances portraying a familiar human struggle against an extraordinary and historical backdrop.

Deserves all the accolades it should get.

Edited by trophyshy

I think almost all films are kack, but the King's Speech is fucking brilliant. Several outstanding performances portraying a familiar human struggle against an extraordinary and historical backdrop.

Deserves all the accolades it should get.

I've just got back from this, agree 100%, superb.

Haha, nice soundtrack alright. Good to hear a little known Irish band at the end credits too(Mumm-Ra who I've had on the iPod for a few years).

I'm not normally into the rom coms, but I like both leads, and the 'Hall & Oats' scene was magnificent.

Up In The Air - Not sure why it got all the awards nominations....probably because

it dared to have a downbeat

ending. Canny enough, but nowt special.

127 Hours - I'm going to stop reading about films before I've seen them. 2 of the best films I've seen in the last few months were Kick Ass and this...and I knew from start to finish what was going to happen and specific scene's that were most well regarded. Would have enjoyed them so much more if I came to them fresh. Not saying this is as good as Kick Ass mind. It's all just preamble for when he goes in for the cut....but people were squirming all over.

I agree totally about Up In The Air, nothing special at all. Didn't think much of 127 Hours really. Glad I saw it but wouldn't watch it again. Felt quite sick at the end like.

True Grit. I've seen the original but really can't remember it at all so I can't compare it but I really enjoyed this. It's missing the Coen's usual quirks but it's a just a really good western which are obviously rare these days. Thoroughly enjoyed Bridges as always.

Halloween 2 (2009) - never saw the first remake but couldn't even sit through more than 30 minutes of this heap of crap! One of the biggest reasons in why I believe it loses all scariness (and plot) is because of the multiple dream/hallucination sequences. When films do that, it just makes you take each scene less seriously because it might just turn out to be a dream. Utter Shite!!!! It's a shame cos Myers was a pretty good character. Just everything is was crap. Oh, and the ghost of his mother and little dead self guiding him around was just shite. I thought his mother was just supposed to be an innocent victim?

Get Him To The Greek. I enjoyed it. It was annoyingly about 20 minutes too long (aren't all films these days?), but it was funny and entertaining.

I've never been a fan of Russell Brand - admittedly I've not seen much of his stuff, he just looks like a fucking helmet - but I was surprised at not only how likeable he was, but how at home he was in a Hollywood movie. Fair play to him, cos he's easily the best thing about the film.

I really need to go see Harry Brown before I'm dragged off to see Where The Wild Things to make it four kids films in a row at the flicks after A Christmas Carol, Up, and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.

I'd far rather watch Where the wild things are than Harry Brown.

Me too tbh, but I have my macho image to consider. :(

Just watched Where The Wild Things are.

I was wrong. Harry Brown was better.

I really need to go see Harry Brown before I'm dragged off to see Where The Wild Things to make it four kids films in a row at the flicks after A Christmas Carol, Up, and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.

I'd far rather watch Where the wild things are than Harry Brown.

Me too tbh, but I have my macho image to consider. :icon_lol:

Just watched Where The Wild Things are.

I was wrong. Harry Brown was better.

Bloody hell, you've got a memory like an elephant! :(

I agree, I hated Where The Wild Things Are (saw it about two weeks after that post), depressing as fuck and not a kids film at all. Finally got round to seeing Harry Brown a few months ago, does what it says on the tin.

"I'm going to blow your kneecaps off, one at a time, until they're all [both?!] off. And not a lot of people know that".

:D