Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

A History of violence

Without question the longest 96mins of my life, what a turkey of a movie ! Viggo Mortensen puts in one of the most wooden performances it has ever been  my misfortune to witness.

The dialog is straight out of the George Lucas school of minamalism and could have been writen by a 5 yearold, the plot is predictable and disapointing.

AVOID !!

113211[/snapback]

:lol:

I loved it and thought the two leads were amazing.

Recommended

113226[/snapback]

No and no.

I thought it was garbage. Totally unbelievable.

Family find out Dad has violent past and think... maybe I could be violent too and start shooting people and engaging in violent sex. Absolute tosh.

114698[/snapback]

Totally agreed the film was asbolute gash

No and no.

Family find out Dad has violent past and think... maybe I could be violent too and start shooting people and engaging in violent sex. Absolute tosh.

114698[/snapback]

More believable than Scanners...

Edited by DotBum

Inside Man.

Alright, nothing special. Jodie Fosters stems are fairly impressive.

Also, the first time I've ever come out of a Spike Lee movie without feeling guilty for being white.

114694[/snapback]

Went to see it yesterday. Pretty good apart from the last ten minutes which were just crap tbbh

Agree on ms Foster's pins though :lol:

A History of violence

Without question the longest 96mins of my life, what a turkey of a movie ! Viggo Mortensen puts in one of the most wooden performances it has ever been  my misfortune to witness.

The dialog is straight out of the George Lucas school of minamalism and could have been writen by a 5 yearold, the plot is predictable and disapointing.

AVOID !!

113211[/snapback]

Recommended

113226[/snapback]

No and no.

114698[/snapback]

114701[/snapback]

They don't just find out their dad has a violent past, they find out he still is a violent man. He hasn't changed. This turns his wife on and she hates herself for it, she enjoys the rough sex and tries to deny it by remaining angry with him and pretending to blame him. Women love a tough guy.

It's all about survival of the fittest, the strongest will flourish and always have, we can all pretend to be goody goody, anti-war, give peace a chance lefties, but if something threatens us or our family, we need to kick an arse or two.

If Joey had been the lads father all along, then the son would have been a hard case at school all along, but Tom made the conscious decision that Joey was dead. Tom supressed Joey, and his son supressed his strength in the same way. Only when Joey was forced to act and the son witnessed it all did he start to consider what he might be capable of. He became his fathers son. Inherited the characteristics that benefit him. Nature versus nurture.

It's a class film.

A History of violence

AVOID !!

113211[/snapback]

Recommended

113226[/snapback]

No and no.

114698[/snapback]

Whats unbelievable about having an arguement with your missus and then having an animalistic fuck on the stairs? Happens every week in my house. I think the film is actually very realistic in its portrayal. Common saying isnt it, best part of falling out is making up. The previous sex scene where she's dressed as a cheerleader. I dont think Ive ever seen a 69 in a film that wasnt a sexual film before.

The kid shot one guy. One. The guy who was about to kill his own father. Again whats unbelievable about that? Its more to do with him finally standing up for himself. His Dad has surpressed his violent side and is applying those values on his son. Its when his Dad stands up and saves the day and becomes the reluctant hero that his son does the same to the bully, I dont even think he knows about his dads past at that point.

Edit. Agree with Happy, exactly what I got out of it but better put. Class maybe a bit much, its a solid film. Its a fairly cliched story but its explored very well. I thought VMs performance was very VM, kid of competent without being stellar. Maria Bello was fanatstic though. Ed Harris is always cool as fuck

Edited by luckypierre

HF has dodgy taste, factoid! :lol:

114709[/snapback]

There's very little I don't like.

Hence my name.

114751[/snapback]

Exactly, no quality control ;)

The Matador - Great. Not what I was expecting. Bit of action, bit of comedy. Superb performance by Pierce Brosnan. I guess Im so used to seeing him in a clean cut role it gave the film that bit more impact.

V for Vendetta - Not read the comic so Im not sure how it compares but I reckon they must have done an excellent job. Not worth the stick that some have gave it.

114709[/snapback]

Hence my name.

114751[/snapback]

114753[/snapback]

I'm like the bizarro Alex, the anti-Alex, Alex to the power minus 1.

I take joy in anything and everything.

114709[/snapback]

Hence my name.

114751[/snapback]

114753[/snapback]

114760[/snapback]

Exactly, no quality control.

114709[/snapback]

Hence my name.

114751[/snapback]

114753[/snapback]

114760[/snapback]

Exactly, no quality control.

114763[/snapback]

:blush:

114709[/snapback]

Hence my name.

114751[/snapback]

114753[/snapback]

114760[/snapback]

Loving the avatar Happy Face

114709[/snapback]

Hence my name.

114751[/snapback]

114753[/snapback]

114760[/snapback]

Loving the avatar Happy Face

115189[/snapback]

;)

Thanks for the screengrab. :blush:

Hostel

Bloody hell it's a rather unpleasant film  :D

It was far-fetched and shit but I enjoyed it. Go if you want to be grossed out or want to see all the naked ladies at the beginning.  :razz:

115815[/snapback]

I've had it downloaded for a while just i need to get me dissertation finished before i can contemplate watching it :mellow:

Hostel

Bloody hell it's a rather unpleasant film  :razz:

It was far-fetched and shit but I enjoyed it. Go if you want to be grossed out or want to see all the naked ladies at the beginning.  :mellow:

115815[/snapback]

I've had it downloaded for a while just i need to get me dissertation finished before i can contemplate watching it :huh:

115820[/snapback]

You might want to fast-forward the bit with the blow torch :D ew that were nasty!

Misery

What a load of fucking shit. I suppose it'd be alright if you haven't read the book but I have and it misses out all the best parts! Doesn't even hobble him right!  :lol:

*disappointed*

116704[/snapback]

You don't need to read no cockadoodie book. It's class.

Misery

What a load of fucking shit. I suppose it'd be alright if you haven't read the book but I have and it misses out all the best parts! Doesn't even hobble him right!  :lol:

*disappointed*

116704[/snapback]

116708[/snapback]

No! In the scene where she dies, she's meant to land on the fire and he holds her there so she burns. :lol: Then he goes outside the room whilst she's on the floor, and when he comes back she's gone! Then 2 policemen turn up and they find her dead in the barn with her hands on a chainsaw.

Also, the old policeman isn't in the book, rather the policeman who dies is only about 20 and she runs him over with a lawnmower. B)

COCKADOODIE FILM, DIRTY BIRDS!

Misery

*disappointed*

116704[/snapback]

116708[/snapback]

No! In the scene where she dies, she's meant to land on the fire and he holds her there so she burns. :lol: Then he goes outside the room whilst she's on the floor, and when he comes back she's gone! Then 2 policemen turn up and they find her dead in the barn with her hands on a chainsaw.

Also, the old policeman isn't in the book, rather the policeman who dies is only about 20 and she runs him over with a lawnmower. B)

COCKADOODIE FILM, DIRTY BIRDS!

116714[/snapback]

I warned you in a previous thread if I remember rightly ( can't find it tho) ;)

A History of violence

AVOID !!

113211[/snapback]

Recommended

113226[/snapback]

No and no.

114698[/snapback]

114701[/snapback]

They don't just find out their dad has a violent past, they find out he still is a violent man. He hasn't changed. This turns his wife on and she hates herself for it, she enjoys the rough sex and tries to deny it by remaining angry with him and pretending to blame him. Women love a tough guy.

It's all about survival of the fittest, the strongest will flourish and always have, we can all pretend to be goody goody, anti-war, give peace a chance lefties, but if something threatens us or our family, we need to kick an arse or two.

If Joey had been the lads father all along, then the son would have been a hard case at school all along, but Tom made the conscious decision that Joey was dead. Tom supressed Joey, and his son supressed his strength in the same way. Only when Joey was forced to act and the son witnessed it all did he start to consider what he might be capable of. He became his fathers son. Inherited the characteristics that benefit him. Nature versus nurture.

It's a class film.

114727[/snapback]

Did you read that in a book? :lol:

Oh I forgot to add to this as I was too traumatised.

Wolf Creek (I know it's been mentioned already)

Kindly lent to me by Scott for viewing prior to my holiday in Australia where I will now be very wary of anyone trying to help me fix my broken down car......

It was horrible :lol: