Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Didn't see this thread!

The Proposition..

set in the Aussie outback - a bit of the 'wild west' influence with Guy Pearce looking more like Clints Man With No Name than Clint did. To think he started in feckin Neighbours!

Violent at times, gruesome at others - in a not in your face way, bits are left to the imagination but still carries the shock value.

Ray Winstone in a typical Ray Winstone mean and moody role.

John Hurt puts in a cracking cameo as a bounty hunter 'Irishmen are just niggers turned inside out'

Cracking film - would deffo recommend it.

700mb on Torrentspy.com - well worth it.

Good Night and Good Luck

Loved it loved it loved it. As much as they say all the oscar films this year dealt with issues, and as much as I loved Crash, I think I'd have preferred this to win because the issue at hand is far more relevant at the moment. As Alex pointed out above it's about Ed Murrows coverage of the unamerican activities hearings, but more importantly it's about the demise of television news reporting. The videos in the Daily Show thread show exactly why this film is so important.

Unleashed

Put the DVD on last night. Very touching film actually, seemed to go un-recognized which was a crying shame because the story is good and Bob Hoskins is great in it.

Rent it/buy it people now :)

Aye the fight scenes are good but still have the same old "ATTACK HIM ALL AT ONCE FFS" cliche.

Old Boy - Korean film about a bloke who is imprisoned for 15 years in a single room for something he did as a school kid. When he escapes he sets out to gain revenge over those who locked him up as well trying to find out why it happened. I won't say much more as I wouldn't want to give away the twists in the plot but it's an absolutely brilliant film well worth watching.

American History X - eventually got round to watching this. Ed Norton plays a white supremacist who is locked up for murdering two black blokes who try to steal his car. His time in the 'joint' makes him re-evaluate his beliefs. Enjoyed it and despite a couple of cheesey scenes I thought the subject matter was handled well. Again, worth a watch.

Unleashed

Put the DVD on last night. Very touching film actually, seemed to go un-recognized which was a crying shame because the story is good and Bob Hoskins is great in it.

Rent it/buy it people now  :)

Aye the fight scenes are good but still have the same old "ATTACK HIM ALL AT ONCE FFS" cliche.

105746[/snapback]

am sure this is mentioned way back in this very thread

love the fight scene in the toilet :(

Before The Rain. Suitably depressing and confusing Macedonian fare. I think the motif of "the circle never being complete" explains why the entire chronology of the thing is completely screwed-up. Either that or it's a cute way of getting away with the gaping logical flaws, I dunno. Oh, and you're instantly thrown by the fact that the Albanian girl looks like a boy.

Watched Hostel last night on a perfectly legal DVD............ ;)

Thought it was a bit daft, it seemed ridiculous and whichever one of my mates said it was a 'thinker' was talking out their arse.. good bits of gore though.

Watched Hostel last night on a perfectly legal DVD............  ;)

Thought it was a bit daft, it seemed ridiculous and whichever one of my mates said it was a 'thinker' was talking out their arse.. good bits of gore though.

106887[/snapback]

Was it a nice arse though?

And why have you got Donohue v Stevenson in your sig btw????? :jester:

Have you found a snail in your ginger beer?

106887[/snapback]

Aye. It kept me entertained for 90 mins but was pretty standard stuff.

106887[/snapback]

Was it a nice arse though?

And why have you got Donohue v Stevenson in your sig btw????? :jester:

Have you found a snail in your ginger beer?

106894[/snapback]

I wish.. might get a few quid out of it.. :jester:

It was a very thinly veiled attempt to convince my mam that I was doing college-related stuff when I was in fact browsing on here.. she bought it as well.. that's the lie, not the ginger beer. :jester:

I'm full of cold today so I've pulled a sicky for the benefit of my co-workers. Enjoying a bit of a fest today, so far...

A History of violence - Brilliant performances all round. Strong sex and violence. Ambiguous morality. What more could you ask for?

The Corpse Bride - I thought it was average till they started playing the piano together. For some reason that scene totally got me and I loved the rest of it.

March of the Penguins - The only reason this is a cinema release as far as I can see is the score and the cloying voiceover. Everything else about it screams discovery channel. Canny, for what it is like.

Neighbour no 13 - japanese horror (ish). One of the msot horrifically violent films I've seen. Theres not actually that much violence in it either. Story of a man who was bullied at school and now has a split personality with his alter ego dishing out the revenge. Starts off with him being pinned down as a kid and having acid poured on his face, says it all. Let down by the cliche did any of it really happen ending.

Hostel - Thought it was shite. Not helped that I watched it after Neighbour no 13 which does it so right. Loads of tits and gore but overall just an awful film.

Seven Swords - Hong Kong movie from the guy who made Black Mask. Entertaining enough. Some great sword fight scenes.

A Bittersweet Life - Korean gangster flick. A truly outstanding film. Fairly cliche plot but it is superbly directed. I'd put it alongside Old Boy as a showpiece for Korean cinema. Cant recommend it enough. A final shootout to rival Scarface too.

Edited by luckypierre

bastard i got the same thing for £12.95  ;)

Alright movie, takes awhile to get going but my god is it gory  :o Don't usually get films that make me go "......urgh"  ;)

107822[/snapback]

its not available for that price anymore.

you should always check the bargain sites - theres a few i check on a regular basis

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/

http://www.cdanddvdbargains.com/theforum/viewforum.php?f=1

http://theimportforums.com/viewforum.php?f=14