Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Just watched Gladiator again for the first time in a year or two, that film blew me away when I saw it for the first time at the cinema, and still does now, for me its one of the best films ever.

Went to see Lucky Number Slevin last night. Still more angry about the brain-dead lass sitting behind me which clouds my ability to tell you whether it was good or not :o

Average I would say. Some clever dialogue at times and some good humour but not exactly rivetting.

Edited by snakehips

Watched House on The Haunted Hill at work last night. My word - what a bag of shite. :o

Also went to see Walk The line on Friday night which I enjoyed very much. A story of the pitfalls of stardom and a true love story. Fab.

Edited by catmag

Watched House on The Haunted Hill at work last night.  My word - what a bag of shite.  :o

Also went to see Walk The line on Friday night which I enjoyed very much.  A story of the pitfalls of stardom and a true love story.  Fab.

108019[/snapback]

Thanks for the report on the Jonny Cash film. I was debating whether or not to go and see it but will now go (some time).

Just watched Gladiator again for the first time in a year or two, that film blew me away when I saw it for the first time at the cinema, and still does now, for me its one of the best films ever.

107853[/snapback]

Were you not entertained? WERE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED.

:o

I was looking after my nephews on Friday night and they chose "Sky High" from the DVD shop. I was pretty skeptical about it but it was really good as it happens. It's a Disney film primarily aimed at kids but with plenty to give an adult a laugh too.

Basically, it's a cross between the Incredibles and Harry Potter, with noticeable elements of other films like Mean girls and Pretty in Pink. So not original then, but it combined all these elements really well and probably surpassed all the films it plagiarised.

So if you're baby sitting kids, or just want to watch the first decent non-animated Disney film in years, try this.

I was looking after my nephews on Friday night and they chose "Sky High" from the DVD shop. I was pretty skeptical about it but it was really good as it happens. It's a Disney film primarily aimed at kids but with plenty to give an adult a laugh too.

Basically, it's a cross between the Incredibles and Harry Potter, with noticeable elements of other films like Mean girls and Pretty in Pink. So not original then, but it combined all these elements really well and probably surpassed all the films it plagiarised.

So if you're baby sitting kids, or just want to watch the first decent non-animated Disney film in years, try this.

108118[/snapback]

Wasn't Pirates of the Caribbean Disney?

Watched House on The Haunted Hill at work last night.  My word - what a bag of shite.  :o

Also went to see Walk The line on Friday night which I enjoyed very much.  A story of the pitfalls of stardom and a true love story.  Fab.

108019[/snapback]

Thanks for the report on the Jonny Cash film. I was debating whether or not to go and see it but will now go (some time).

108027[/snapback]

I'd been DYING to see it since it was announced. I would have went to the cinema but got so annoyed by people who can't not piss, shit, fart, eat or talk for 2 hours I vowed never to go again.

Anyway I finally got to watch the DVD last week and by christ was it worth the wait. I watched History of Violence the other day and believed the leads were married, I'd never seen 2 performers work so well with each other. Until Walk the Line. Phoenix and Witherspoon are perfect. There are moments when I bounced up and down with excitement. Moments when I was sure that Phoenix must be Johnny Cash reincarnated because there is no telling them apart.

There's the whole argument about impression over performance. Many actors find something about the part they play and focus on it. So Ray last year had Jamie Foxx doing a very creditable impression where he wobbled his head and squeakily giggled, or even Capote this year where Philip Seymour Hoffman is brilliant, but never makes you think "I'm not actually sure if that's Hoffman or Capote". River Phoenix doesn't do Cashisms (well he does point his guitar like a gun, and he does holler the first word of a verse like a trains horn as his guitar does the tracks), but as Cash the person as well as the performer he has an intensity I've never seen before.

Perfect film.

I also saw Serenity, wich was average. I did catch myself thinking George Lucas could learn a thing or two from watching it though.

Edited by Happy Face

Dodgeball - Excellent, very predictable and a bit cheesy but very funny. I thought Ben Stiller was excellent, and I'm not really a fan of his.

Mr and Mrs Smith - Now ranked No 2 behind The Fast and the Furious as the worst film I've ever had the misfortune to watch. If Brad Pitt get's more wooden he'll be declared a national park forest. Jolie is just as bad, no chemistry between them and halfway through I'd reached a point where I just didn't care what happened to either of them. They could have died for all I cared, at least then the film would have ended.

Mr and Mrs Smith - Now ranked No 2 behind The Fast and the Furious as the worst film I've ever had the misfortune to watch. If Brad Pitt get's more wooden he'll be declared a national park forest. Jolie is just as bad, no chemistry between them and halfway through I'd reached a point where I just didn't care what happened to either of them. They could have died for all I cared, at least then the film would have ended.

108223[/snapback]

More or less sums up my thoughts as well.

24 Hour Party People

108431[/snapback]

Wey wodid you think then? I thought Steve Coogan was class, but I can't remember anything else so it wasn't very memorable.

108445[/snapback]

I really enjoyed it at the time, but that's spot on, I remember Coogan being class, and little else.

Watched Audition last night. It had lots of levels but I was a little underwhelmed to be honest; horrific moments but not a horror. I really enjoyed Gozu but this just didn't cut it for me.

24 Hour Party People

108431[/snapback]

Wey wodid you think then? I thought Steve Coogan was class, but I can't remember anything else so it wasn't very memorable.

108445[/snapback]

I really enjoyed it but like you said Coogan's performance is the best part in it.

I don't think Ralf Little was the best choice for Peter Hook, like.

i'm watching star trek voyager

in amongst all the crud theres a lot of humour

like when neelix gives everyone heartburn and tom paris asks 'what did you give them'?

neelix - 'rodeo red's red-hot, rootin'-tootin' chili' :lol:

Watched the first half hour of 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' last night. Looked canny good but I feel to sleep cos I was knackered. Is the rest of it worth watching? Bear in mind it was a copy DVD hence I'd be aiding and abetting prostition and terrorism (as per previous posts), so it needs to be worth the trade off with my conscience.

Wolf Creek.  Scary shit. :)

110262[/snapback]

Alf Stewart's completely lost it tbh.

I enjoyed it, thought Hostel was way better though.

Wolf Creek.  Scary shit. :)

110262[/snapback]

Alf Stewart's completely lost it tbh.

I enjoyed it, thought Hostel was way better though.

110280[/snapback]

Haven't seen Hostel. What's it about? Wolf Creek was good like - fucking mental that bloke.

Similar theme, nice backpacking holiday goes a little awry in Eastern Europe.

My holiday options are getting more and more limited, got to stop watching these movies.

Apparently Wolf Creek is loosely based on the Joanna Leese story, very fucking loosely, obviously.