Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Whats wrong with that like :icon_lol: bearing in mind in the film Charlie wears a trench coat and trilby most of the time.

Apart from skin tone and their well kept teeth they're about as similar as Charles and Harry.

Aye, I've found that taking the two leading characters out of a film really spoils it for me. :icon_lol:

Though on the other hand, it would've improved Titanic.

Edited by ewerk

Whats wrong with that like :icon_lol: bearing in mind in the film Charlie wears a trench coat and trilby most of the time.

Apart from skin tone and their well kept teeth they're about as similar as Charles and Harry.

Getaway, if that was on the CSI face recognition jiffy it would pop us as a dead match.

Getaway, if that was on the CSI face recognition jiffy it would pop us as a dead match.

Have you seen Crouching Tiger,Hidden Dragon?

Its got Yun Fat Chow and Michelle Yeoh in, You'll love it

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Damon was canny, Emily blunt oozed sex appeal and Charlie is the double of Shola. :icon_lol:

Harry B) You just watched the movie man. :icon_lol:

Adjustment Bureau.

I was expecting less of a love story. Decent flick though. 6.5/10

Love Film report unprecedented shortage of copies of The Adjustment Bureau due to unusually high rental activity in the North East...

Shite ending and abortion of the original book unfortunately. Bit like Blade Runner

A Scanner Darkly must be about the only one so far that isn't.

I've heard 'World War Z: Chronology of the Zombie Wars' will be adapted to the big screen. Brad Pitt is the headliner, don't know who is directing. I haven't read the book, it's supposed to be a good read. Pitt has appeared in some good flicks as of late, so this one has some promise about it.

I've heard 'World War Z: Chronology of the Zombie Wars' will be adapted to the big screen. Brad Pitt is the headliner, don't know who is directing. I haven't read the book, it's supposed to be a good read. Pitt has appeared in some good flicks as of late, so this one has some promise about it.

The book is canny good. It's a zombie take on Studs Terkel's 'The Good War' which was an oral history of WW2, i.e. snippets as told by the people who fought in it / lived through it. On that basis the film is unlikely to be anything like the book and just another zombie flick. Mel Brooks' son Max wrote it.

The book is canny good. It's a zombie take on Studs Terkel's 'The Good War' which was an oral history of WW2, i.e. snippets as told by the people who fought in it / lived through it. On that basis the film is unlikely to be anything like the book and just another zombie flick. Mel Brooks' son Max wrote it.

I might have to ebay it. They're rare but well written apocalyptic/zombie novels are brilliant reads, particularly if they delve into a slightly different spin on the whole mythology of the genre (in it's delivery) but sticking to the basic & accepted rules ie. Patient Zero, and the Armegeddon series are canny reads as well. These three examples are the only notable ones out there - that i know of anyway.

Fire in Babylon

6639_big_fire_in_babylon.jpg

Documentary based upon the meteoritic rise of West Indies cricket in the 70s from being labelled the so-called Calypso Kings, to actual becoming the most dominant force that world cricket has ever seen.

The great thing about this documentary is that it doesn't just focus on the cricketing aspect, it talks about how a bunch of ex-colonials, used the game to gain some pride for their part of the world, by making the rulers become the ruled.

Catfish. All a bit mental. A documentary about a bloke that begins a relationship with someone on the other side of the country through Facebook but all is not as it seems (it's not a bloke). I know that's not selling it but there's a whole debate over the authenticity of it; some believe it's a highly elaborate scripted movie while others think it's all reality. Nevertheless, it's a weird look at the anonymous nature of internet communication and how it's changed the way we talk.

Brooks, according to a recent interview, is amazed with the screenplay's final draft. The story telling format (based on a series of interviews, via an official United Nations report) has remained faithful to that of the book - hopefully covering, in detail, the political & economic consequences that would be felt in the event of a viral pandemic (of any kind) of such magnitude. Thanks to the material, providing the studios don't butcher it, it should be a ground breaking film within what has become a tired looking genre, with 28 Days Later being the exception to the latter.

Far From Heaven

Julianne Moore is a 50's housewife that finds her hubby getting into another fella and finds a friend in the black gardener. Quality melodrama if a bit heavy handed in it's portrayal of the middle aged white man as spoiled and selfish while the woman and the black man show self sacrifice and suffering that knows no bounds.

If your lass wants to see a soppy film far better to watch summat well made like this than a crappy Hugh Grant, Drew Barrymore type rom com.