Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

And the beginning of Saving Private Ryan.

<_<

I wonder if Spielberg agrees with this because everyone else on the planet does.

Should have been a 25 minute short. Shame these big Hollywood directors/studios frown on that sort of thing.

It's a bit like 'The Fugitive' in that respect. Even if it's decent, a film always seems a bit naff and (obviously) an anti-climax when the best part is the opening or near the start.

Private Ryan is a superb film and that one with Paul Newman where he's in the mob is very good too (so good that I can't remember the name) but most of his other stuff is just canny.

I can't say Hanks is an actor that would make me watch a film (I have absolutely no interest in watching The Terminal even though it's constantly on Sky) but he cetainly doesn't put me off.

He's the best thing in the ladykillers and when you're better than a Coen brothers script your not doing too bad.

He should stick to the comedy though.

Dragnet was quality too.

Dragnet, Big, The Burbs and even A League Of Their Own are all at least very watchable and The Green Mile is another excellent film and performance of his.

He's just not the sort of modern day Jimmy Stewart that he's made out to be by some (either in terms of talent or volume of great films he's starred in).

Gol is right, I keep deviating from unwritten rule of a one word review and I apologise...

Kandahar - lush

Heart of Glass - Strange

Why am I not surprised that you can't differentiate between attacking someone's point of view and having a discussion? <_<

I've had plenty of decent chats with you about movies, but no-one is seemingly allowed to have a different opinion about you to this movie, I just thought it was ironic given the subject matter, lighten up!

I was just laughing at HF attacking another person for not liking the film, I think he's in a huff, AGAIN! :good:

<_< You can't resist tbh.

Are you accusing me of wummery? :)

How very DARE you! :woosh:

Gol is right, I keep deviating from unwritten rule of a one word review and I apologise...

Kandahar - lush

Heart of Glass - Strange

<_< Just reading that again.

The sooner you come out of the closet and admit your insufferable snobbery the better! :)

Kandahar - lush

Heart of Glass - Strange

Why am I not surprised that you can't differentiate between attacking someone's point of view and having a discussion? <_<

I've had plenty of decent chats with you about movies, but no-one is seemingly allowed to have a different opinion about you to this movie, I just thought it was ironic given the subject matter, lighten up!

:woosh:<_<:brrr::lol::good::)

I'm lightened, don't worry.

Given that the 2 pages or so of 'discussion' I've previously had about it was with people who hadn't seen it, I was just trying to glean more than one word from someone who had and disagreed with me.

Alreetlike is the only one allowed to have a different opinion at the moment though <_<

I've got that George Clooney Good Night thing coming next on my Screenselect. Alex's recommendation. It wants to be good!

Well, I really liked it. It's quite slow and 'worthy' but I enjoyed it. By the way, I got a copy of 'In The Mood For Love' free with the Sunday Times the other week if you want to borrow it. Class film.

That's on the list an'all. I'll borrow it if you remember it at the weekend like, cheers. Don't worry if you don't though cos like I say, it's on the list.

I've got Munich out at the minute too - anyone seen it? Review please!

Kandahar - lush

Heart of Glass - Strange

Why am I not surprised that you can't differentiate between attacking someone's point of view and having a discussion? :brrr:

:woosh:<_<:lol::lol::good::)

I'm lightened, don't worry.

Given that the 2 pages or so of 'discussion' I've previously had about it was with people who hadn't seen it, I was just trying to glean more than one word from someone who had and disagreed with me.

Alreetlike is the only one allowed to have a different opinion at the moment though <_<

Well excuse me for relying on several personal and media reviews to inform me whether I want to see it or not. :lol:

Btw, the implicit link with Iraq and 9/11 made by the film has been commented on by lots of people since our discussion, and your argument for its inclusion is still weak as watery piss. <_<

That's on the list an'all. I'll borrow it if you remember it at the weekend like, cheers. Don't worry if you don't though cos like I say, it's on the list.

I've got Munich out at the minute too - anyone seen it? Review please!

As I've got a memory like a sieve, feel free to text me and I'll try to remember to bring it along.

Edited by alex

Well excuse me for relying on several personal and media reviews to inform me whether I want to see it or not. :woosh:

Btw, the implicit link with Iraq and 9/11 made by the film has been commented on by lots of people since our discussion, and your argument for its inclusion is still weak as watery piss. <_<

Come on Rentboy, you were commenting on the film, not the fact that you didn't want to see it.

At least it's my watery piss though eh?

:)

Well excuse me for relying on several personal and media reviews to inform me whether I want to see it or not. :woosh:

Come on Rentboy, you were commenting on the film, not the fact that you didn't want to see it.

:)

I was commenting on reviews of the film, I never claimed to have seen it.

And shut it Alex!

Watched Pink Panther with Steve Martin last night.

Not bad.

I expected to be 'tutting' all the way through - it being a Sellars domain, but it was reasonably funny. Not side splitting, but funny.

Kudos to Martin for having the balls to attempt the near-impossible though.

Well excuse me for relying on several personal and media reviews to inform me whether I want to see it or not. :good:

Btw, the implicit link with Iraq and 9/11 made by the film has been commented on by lots of people since our discussion, and your argument for its inclusion is still weak as watery piss. :)

:woosh:

I was commenting on reviews of the film, I never claimed to have seen it.

And shut it Alex!

<_< Renton was reviewing the reviews of the film.