Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Fargo just arrived through the post this morning so I shall be giving that a watch later on today.

Oh yah?

Yah. :lol:

What a fucking waste of the 2000th post on this thread. :lol:

I'm not going to debate you Renton, but what Jonny2J said was pretty darned funny!

Fargo just arrived through the post this morning so I shall be giving that a watch later on today.

Oh yah?

What a fucking waste of the 2000th post on this thread. :D

I'm not going to debate you Renton, but what Jonny2J said was pretty darned funny!

Well, it's obviously an "in the know" joke. Needless to say I had something stunning planned. :lol:

Oh yah?

Well, it's obviously an "in the know" joke. Needless to say I had something stunning planned. :lol:

Oh Yah?

Oh yah?

Oh Yah?

Yah!

The Queen. Basically enjoyed it, and Helen Mirren is predictably good, but it did feel a bit like going to the cinema to watch an ITV Sunday night two-parter.

Yeah, I don't get that either. What do they think makes it cinematic? It just seems to be part 2 of his earlier film, The Deal, which was made for TV with the same bloke playing Tony Blair. Perhaps no network was willing to pay the asking price for it so they went with a cinema distribution deal instead.

World Trade Centre

Boring.

I said I thought it was no fun, but I still thought it was very good. What were you expecting? Did you want one of them to be more like Bruce Willis, protect the building and sort the terrorists?

World Trade Centre

Boring.

I said I thought it was no fun, but I still thought it was very good. What were you expecting? Did you want one of them to be more like Bruce Willis, protect the building and sort the terrorists?

Not at all - I just thought it could've been a little more engaging.

World Trade Centre

Boring.

<_< Next person who dares criticise is getting called un-American and hauled of the Gitmo!

And the beginning of Saving Private Ryan.

<_<

I wonder if Spielberg agrees with this because everyone else on the planet does.

Should have been a 25 minute short. Shame these big Hollywood directors/studios frown on that sort of thing.

Private Ryan is a superb film and that one with Paul Newman where he's in the mob is very good too (so good that I can't remember the name) but most of his other stuff is just canny.

I can't say Hanks is an actor that would make me watch a film (I have absolutely no interest in watching The Terminal even though it's constantly on Sky) but he cetainly doesn't put me off.

World Trade Centre

Boring.

<_< Next person who dares criticise is getting called un-American and hauled of the Gitmo!

Woe betide anyone discussing a film in the film thread.

World Trade Centre

Boring.

Woe betide anyone criticising a film in the film thread.

tbh.