Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched 'Salvador' again in Greece of all places the other night complete with off-putting subtitles. Love that film and James Woods is a class actor.

James woods is great like. first film i saw him in was the excellent 'Best Seller' with another underrated actor called Brian Dennehy.

Slow start on here today.

Hard Candy

The scene to induce leg crossing from male viewers wasn't as bad as I expected. It's all implied where I was led to believe it was quite graphic. I was really impressed by the lass when she was acting the innocent, but couldn't abide her angry, vengeful personality which seemed very forced to me. Still a canny film.

All About Eve

George Sanders is my new hero. He's the coolest bastard who ever lived. I've only seen him in Rebecca before this, but in this he's the daddy. I only recently watched Sunset Boulevard which is very similar, and as much as I liked that, I think I prefer this far less cynical view of dwindling fame.

Chinatown

Not seen it in a while, and never commented when Alex brought it up recently, but rewatched it on Saturday and it is a fantastic film. On a par with Cuckoo's nest for best Jack performance.

Chinatown

Not seen it in a while, and never commented when Alex brought it up recently, but rewatched it on Saturday and it is a fantastic film. On a par with Cuckoo's nest for best Jack performance.

Have you seen "The Last Detail" ? In my opinion another great performance, and nominated for best actor Oscar, a very under rated film.

Chinatown

Have you seen "The Last Detail" ? In my opinion another great performance, and nominated for best actor Oscar, a very under rated film.

It was on TV the other week, but I missed the start so didn't bother. I'll have to get hold of the DVD, I've just got hold of Five Easy Peieces too which was excellent.

EDIT: And I haven't seen The Passenger either which is meant to be superb.

Edited by Happy Face

Chinatown

It was on TV the other week, but I missed the start so didn't bother. I'll have to get hold of the DVD, I've just got hold of Five Easy Peieces too which was excellent.

EDIT: And I haven't seen The Passenger either which is meant to be superb.

Clicky here

Slow start on here today.

Hard Candy

The scene to induce leg crossing from male viewers wasn't as bad as I expected. It's all implied where I was led to believe it was quite graphic. I was really impressed by the lass when she was acting the innocent, but couldn't abide her angry, vengeful personality which seemed very forced to me. Still a canny film.

All About Eve

George Sanders is my new hero. He's the coolest bastard who ever lived. I've only seen him in Rebecca before this, but in this he's the daddy. I only recently watched Sunset Boulevard which is very similar, and as much as I liked that, I think I prefer this far less cynical view of dwindling fame.

Chinatown

George Sanders is the greatest underrated actor ever. I would suggest that you watch The Portrait Of Dorien Gray when it's next on TCM (should be on in the next couple of weeks). He plays a similar character to the on in all about eve but even more so. He's very good in Rebecca too. I agree All About Eve is better than Sunset Boulevard too.

George Sanders is the greatest underrated actor ever. I would suggest that you watch The Portrait Of Dorien Gray when it's next on TCM (should be on in the next couple of weeks). He plays a similar character to the on in all about eve but even more so. He's very good in Rebecca too. I agree All About Eve is better than Sunset Boulevard too.

I've spent the day trying to find the DVD. I guess the reason I can't is that it's called The Picture of Dorian Gray. :calmdown::calmdown:

It's not on DVD. I'll keep an eye out, cheers.

I've spent the day trying to find the DVD. I guess the reason I can't is that it's called The Picture of Dorian Gray. ;):calmdown:

It's not on DVD. I'll keep an eye out, cheers.

:calmdown:http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000...3952253-8161803

What region are French dvd's?

Same as us, I think. There's an explanation on Amazon.co.uk of dvd regions iirc.

Aye - the whole of Europe is region 2.

The only thing to watch out for with french dvds is their 'forced subtitles'.

This means the subs cannot be removed from the screen. ive no idea if this title has forced subs though.

For that price it doesn't want to.

Ya nar what it is?

I spend bloody hours searching the world in an apparantly fruitless task looking an unreleased dvd made in the same year as bloody world war 2!

my incredible detective work eventually leads me to the arse end of the planet where i find a copy of this much loved film.

And they moan aboot the fecking price! thats gratitude for ya!

:calmdown:

Just read on the IMD that George Sanders killed himself in the 70's!

"leaving behind a suicide note that attributed his action to boredom"

Christ, I've never been THAT bored. Have a game of scrabble or something.

For that price it doesn't want to.

Ya nar what it is?

I spend bloody hours searching the world in an apparantly fruitless task looking an unreleased dvd made in the same year as bloody world war 2!

my incredible detective work eventually leads me to the arse end of the planet where i find a copy of this much loved film.

And they moan aboot the fecking price! thats gratitude for ya!

:calmdown:

Whey if it's going to be on free telly I'll save myself a tenner. Your link might come in handy if I miss it though. Many thanks.

Blue Velvet - Fucking brilliant.

Kundun - Very good.

Rebecca - Canny good.

Take The Money and Run - Not particularly good, but free, so I can't complain.

Your reviews are getting like mine :calmdown:

Blue Velvet - Fucking brilliant.

Kundun - Very good.

Rebecca - Canny good.

Take The Money and Run - Not particularly good, but free, so I can't complain.

There you Alex, officially between "Kundun" and "Take the money and run" in goodness.

Just read on the IMD that George Sanders killed himself in the 70's!

"leaving behind a suicide note that attributed his action to boredom"

Christ, I've never been THAT bored. Have a game of scrabble or something.

I dunno, I feel that way going to most home games these days!